• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boulard83 Rig V3.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boulard83

SO i finally buyed a Cosmos S and a brand new TFC Xchanger360 so fit on the top of the Cosmos S.

Currently running a Pull ill redo it soon as i know the case better now ! Maybe a Rad/Shroud/pull and redo my Cable management a lil bit.

Pics !!!!

Cosmos002.JPG

Cosmos003.JPG

Cosmos004.JPG

Cosmos005.JPG

Cosmos006.JPG

Cosmos007.JPG

Cosmos009.JPG

Cosmos010.JPG

Cosmos011.JPG

Cosmos013.JPG

Thanks alot

Ill redo it soon, better cbl management and few things. But im quite satisfied of the First mount.

Looks good
One thing ceep an eye on those herbies at the rad , i just tore down mine and found one of them hardend to the point of that it broke instead of open up like it's supposed to
I would hate to see a rig go down because of a thing like that

Definitely looks great! Would you be interested in writing something for the front page about your experience? Perhaps from a "how to install internal water cooling in a Cosmos S" perspective? PM me if you're interested. :)

lookin good. Like the no nonsense black tubing.

not sure what that bottle of snake oils upto in the 2nd pic :sly: special water?

(I bought some once :bang head .... good for cleaning LCD and plastics :thup:)

good stuff!

(mine turned out like some dubious cocktail bar :-/)

My Cosmos S water cooling attempt...sorry, not trying to thread-jack, but I wanted to show everyone how nice yours looked compared to my mess :beer:

IMG_4574.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

Definitely looks great! Would you be interested in writing something for the front page about your experience? Perhaps from a "how to install internal water cooling in a Cosmos S" perspective? PM me if you're interested. :)

Its nearly straight forward ! But i can try to make something for you.

@ Miah

This is still a nice build you have !

I actually dug the pictures up to compare the height (or depth) of your rad compared to mine...I thought maybe your fans were on the inside, and I was going to suggest putting them on top...but after looking more closely, that's what you've done :cool:

I actually dug the pictures up to compare the height (or depth) of your rad compared to mine...I thought maybe your fans were on the inside, and I was going to suggest putting them on top...but after looking more closely, that's what you've done :cool:

Yep ! your right. The Xchanger is really Thick but is a low-medium fpi rad (12fpi). rpm for rpm the MCR are quieter but i can run lower RPM on this one for similar performance. Currently @ 1080rpm my Water have a 6°c delta with the room under load.

that looks really good Boulard83, where did you get the black gear clamps (paint'em?)

Thx alot, they came with the GTZ ! Thx swiftech ;)

But im think of painting some when ill redoo the loop.

• Soon to be relooped

Since i cant use anything under the top with the Xchanger installed this way cause he is too thick, ill mount the Xchanger on the top and add ill go with a more effective mount VS a hidden/good look mount.

Ill Push/shroud/rad and maybe add shroud/pull later if the Push isnt effective enough.

Im not fency enough to keep it like this, i want to shroud it ! + the top isnt completely nude if you remove the fan cover so the Xchanger can be nearly hidden if your looking from the front/side but visible if you look from the top.

It looks like your res is sitting lower than the MCP655/D5. How hard was it to prime the pump like that? Or did you remove the res to hold it up higher than the pump?

It looks like your res is sitting lower than the MCP655/D5. How hard was it to prime the pump like that? Or did you remove the res to hold it up higher than the pump?

Damn guyz you so good ;)

I nap the case on its Sidepannel, holding the Res vertical with a Tie-Rap. Was a piece of cake to fill, the only big problem was with the Rad that had some air inside but tilting the case took it out.

Last edited:
I would have thought the rad would have filled easier that way, since the pump was feeding into the lower fitting, with that orientation. Either way, I like the method, and the loop looks very clean. I was thinking about putting the fittings on my res toward the top of the case (similar to hokiealumnus's setup) since it seems it would be easier to purge the air from the rad that way. Although the amount of tubing I would save would be huge by having the rad fittings toward the bottom of the case. I have just got the last of the parts for my loop, and haven't gotten it together yet, so it will be a fun experience.

That is some sexy isht. Anyway you could print up a parts list. (Case/Cooling)

I have been looking to move to water, but just don't trust myself picking out components, but I like the look of that case/cooling setup.

@ Brutal Force
here it is.

Block : Swiftech Apogee GTZ
Pump : Swiftech MCP655
Res : Swiftech MCres V1
Rad : TFC Xchanger 360
Tubing : PrimoChill LRT Black 1/2
Water : Distilled with PTnuke
Fittings : Bitpower Chrome Plated 1/2

Edit : Im using some Scythe Split Stream 1900rpm on a digital fan controller. The split stream have a very little center knob, making them able of better flow/rpm. They move more air. The Xchanger is good with Low RPM fan, im running at 1080rpm.

last night i added a Dual shroud on the top, i just removed the Cosmos Top panel, added 2 empty fans with the scythe on top of this. Giving me a 50mm shroud over the Xchanger.

Its REALLY quiter with the shrouds. Without the shourd, the fans was directly over the Case grill, causing turbulance and noise. Was running at 1080rpm, over this the fans start to make more nois VS the rest of the rig.

Now with the shroud, i can go a lil higher than 1300rpm before the fans become a lil noisy !

I still have my Water IN and OUT temp probe, and i added an Air IN and OUT probe.

Idling
Air in : 24
Air out : 24
Water in : 25
Water out : 24

Ill be back with Load result ASAP .. idle mean nothing buts its already a lil lower on the CPU with the shrouds :)

Back