• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! New M/B will not start up at Times?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pat

Just installed a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R M/B with BFG 275 & Intel Q9650 CPU in my case & removed the items below. It started fine the first day but now it fails to start up at times. I can push the button & nothing happens. At times, it will start 5 or more seconds after I pushed the button like it is on delay. It's not instant on unless I shut it down & restart it immediately?

Could it be the board, power supply, or switch? The P/S & switch worked perfect on my Intel DP35DP board. It never failed to start up.

Pat

Last edited:
It is installed correctly. At times, it will not start up. I moved the power cord off of the power switch fed from the UPS that keeps power to the board at all times. Now even when the systems is shut down, I have power back through the usb desktop hubs. The power is strong enough to even light up the AC powered hub even though it is turned off plugged directly into the power strip.

Is this correct to have feedback like this? It has been starting up today since i disconnected the AC powered hub. I also set the bios to allow usb keyboard & mouse. Will this effect it also?

Lost near St. Louis

Pat

If I disconnect the USB AC powered hub it will start up. I usually turn the AC power off to the hub & kept the P/S power on. It's like the board doesn't like the hub. I am going to try to leave the power on to the hub 7 see if it starts.

Anyone else have this USB problem?

Well yes, I do..
As I stated in the pm, I can't have my usb "hub" on my dell monitor plugged up to the Gigabyte. It won't go through the bios boot up. So I don't use it. I use my Dlink hub.

Back