• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 6GB on asus p6t?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elliotuk

Registered
Just wanted to check if Crucial Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3 works ok on asus p6t?

the reason i ask is because i once put Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 on an asus maximus formula board and within 4 months the memory sticks had died. I later found out that the two dont go well together and many people had had the same problem. Not sure if this is an incompatibility problem with all asus mobos or just with the maximus formula. Anyone know?

I would imagine that they have that fixed by now...that would and probably did kill some of their market share with people knowing that their fav mem is not compatible with a mobo that they had their eye on...they would look elsewhere.
You can look at Asus's site and look to see if the mem is compatible...most mainboard makers will list the mem that is compatible with their boards, and if your mem is not listed, then it is either not compatible, or it hasn't been tested.
Good Luck,
Doc

i tried going on their website but the memory support list wont download due to an error on the page (tried with IE and FF). I have a feeling that the memory is too new and wont have been tested yet anyway. Just wondering if anyone here has this combo of mem and mobo?

Back