• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Ballistix 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bogie

I was looking to buy some od that memory, i read the reviews at newegg, and was wondering if anyone here had gotten them and how there liking them, thank you

i used to have the 4x1gb ddr2 800mhz 2.2v ballistix tracer and i used to do 1066mhz@5-5-5-15 2.2v i like them a lot

I have killed 3 sets of the 2x1 gig kits .. Im not a fan

But those were very likely D9GMH ICs at 2.1v+, and they aren't used in the 2GB sticks. ;) I still have a couple G.Skill HZ kits in use. I never ran them over 2.0v & actively cool them too.

I love mine. I have the ones with the yellow heat spreaders. I have 2 x 2gb of them in two different systems. They both do 4-4-4-12 @ 800 -1.9v or 5-5-5-15 @ 1066 - 2.0v. No problems what so ever. Had them for a year now, though they were 42 dollars shipped back then for each 2x2gb kit lol.

I avoid memory that:

1. Doesn't have chips with brand or part number markings from the chip manufacturer (not module manufacturer);

2. Has heatsinks on it;

3. Is labeled for a nonstandard voltage, i.e., > 1.80V for DDR2.

Back