• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Triple Channel Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

modenapsu

I am currently using OCZ Reaper HPC 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1866mhz RAM. I was thinking of trying to upgrade to have more than 6GB. I suppose putting another stick, like another 2GB, 3GB, or 4GB stick into the fourth slot would 'turn off' the triple channel feature. Is this correct or can this be done?

Second, are there any options that are not like $800 for a 3 x 4GB or even a 3 x 3GB kit that would be somewhat comparable to what I have now. I would not mine if it was a touch slower. I guess than also with the first part of the question, if it turns off triple channel, is that a huge performance hit?

If I missed this thread somewhere on the forums, please link me to it if this has already been discussed in detail.

Basically I would like to have more than 6GB of RAM and if I have to take a very slight performance hit speed wise with the memory, that is fine. Any help or specifics kits would be appreciated, thanks!

Back