• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quick Tubing question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hey Zeus

Plumbing in a Coolit Eliminator today that utilizes a 1/4"ID and 3/8" OD Barb. I want to use 3/8" ID barbs on my Pump and block. Will there be an issue using the 1/4" ID/ 3/8" OD tube and stretching it over the 3/8" ID barbs?

Depending on what tubing you have, maybe it will work by dipping tube ends in hot water
before stretching it on.

Thanks slap. I just feel using 1/4" ID is just a total waste but am forced into it because thats what coolit utilizes

There's no way to change the barb size on that Coolit stuff?

Mud,

I honestly think they're 3/8" ID's and not 1/4". Just looking at the picture they look way too big to be 1/4". I'm ordering 3/8 ID Barbs

12889522506531250020090615025506531.jpg

Judging by the pic are you able to remove the stock fittings/barbs on that unit? Looks to be pressure jointed/mounted or pre soldered/compressed and there's noway of removing them unless they have threads.

If you can remove them via drilling, then you'll have to tap the blocks to make threads. A lot more work that what it's worth imho.

We'll see when the Eliminator gets here what tubing i go with. I ordered 3/8" barbs for everything else tho.

Back