• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6x58d

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

renol

Just getting some opinions. What's everyone's take on this motherboard? I heard it's 6 core compatible but I wonder if 6 cores will ever be worth buying if we still get stuck with 3ghz processors.

I love this board. Super easy to OC, Bios updates are a breeze and the Mem OK button is awesome.

The USB 3.0 and Sata 6GB/S is a plus as well.
Will work with i9's too.

I have had no problems or complaints. :thup:

Any chance at some BIOS screenshots onefstsnake? If it's not too much trouble.. I've actually never owned an ASUS board, shocking :chair:.

Yeah, I meant with a camera :D. I'll check out your thread in the meantime. (285 classified.. whaaaa /jealous)

And renol, I didn't mean to threadjack as I'm curious as well on this board since it's one of the two(?) X58 boards with the new standards.

Yeah the classified is nice. Id love to see what it can do but havent really read much on it. Seems quite a bit different than a reference 285. Just using it for folding till I move to my new house.

As for the board it runs cool. Comes with a fan you can attach to either of the two phase heatsinks. Also comes with quite a few SATA cables. Im not really sure what the difference is between a SATA 3.0 and 6.0 cable. The 6.0 looks twice as thick as the standard SATA cables, but the connection looks identical.

Yeah, I could send mine back but at this point it just seems like it doesn't really matter to me. By the time I want a 6 core a new mobo will be out that will slaughter the P6X58D and they will have 6 cores hopefully that run higher. I definately like the setup you have though, Snake.

ive got the board as well, and ive hit 4.3 with max temps at about 81. dont get me wrong though, i am using 2 highspeed deltas, and a megahalem w/ shin etsu.

i love it. if you have any questions, ask

I actually wanna know about the fan control options, what increments can you adjust it by (percentage or voltage)? I know this may not seem remotely significant in the list of features the board may have to offer but... please? :D

Are they all PWM fan connectors? I think the Maximus III Formula they have to offer has all PWM connections, I'm assuming they have it the same on this 'high' end mobo.

And I just read your sig creecher, lol FPS Doug.

EDIT: Just thought of this one now that I just googled up a picture of it, what if you put the GPUs (SLI/Crossfire) in the first blue x16 slot and white x16 slot, will it be electrically x16/x16? Or is the white x16 slot x8 electrically on this board? Are there even any SLI/Crossfire bridges that can reach that long? I'm thinking the extra gap would help the first card intaking cooler air than just desperately sucking in air from the second card.

Last edited:
if pwm is 4pin then yes, i do believe there are about 4 dont quote me though! you can look at a picture on newegg. all of my fans are plugged into the psu. i would like to plug my delta screamers into my mobo so i could turn em down.(some times you just want to glide, not have the afterburners on if you know what i mean) i dont know how to do it though.

the first 2 slots are the only ones that are full x16. The white one can only be x8 speed. you could put a graphics card in it, but it would not be able to communicate with the motherboard as fast a the first 2 slots.

Last edited:
if pwm is 4pin then yes, i do believe there are about 4 dont quote me though! you can look at a picture on newegg. all of my fans are plugged into the psu. i would like to plug my delta screamers into my mobo so i could turn em down.(some times you just want to glide, not have the afterburners on if you know what i mean) i dont know how to do it though.

the first 2 slots are the only ones that are full x16. The white one can only be x8 speed. you could put a graphics card in it, but it would not be able to communicate with the motherboard as fast a the first 2 slots.

That last bit of info is most helpful, thanks for letting me know cause I always thought if you just split it across to the 3rd x16 slot it could still run x16/x16, guess not :-/.

Seems way overpriced to me. You can always add USB 3.0 and Sata 6GB/S support later to existing motherboards. I am sure more boards will be 6 core compatible with bios updates as well.

Not sure if I got a pic of that. I have my mem set at auto.
I know the Gskill ram im using is 1.35v though and works fine.

Going out to eat will post pics asap.

Back