• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Water Cooling, Temp Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kully3xf

Registered
ok guys, so i just installed my watercooling set up yesterday, reset cmos, re-overclocked and now my temps are showing differances of a few degs?! (c)

im running speed fan saying cores are 34-37
and im also running core temp saying 44-46

who do i belive?!

Yep which one? Be nice to know what you had for cooling before and your temps, what TT thingy you got, and what your temps are now.

Try HW Monitor too.

Speedfan can need some calibration to work right.

i installed a thermaltake bigwater 760 i

replaced the hoses with my own,
upgraded the fan, and stuck a second radiator off the back.

but the plate is the stock one from the 760i

and before that i just had a masscool heatsink... i usually ran between 35-40 on idol and like 60 on prime95

so i havent really seen a change in temps, but my volts are alot higher now and my cpu is oced higher so

So it's all good. Temps are within a good range and you got a bigger overclock.

What do you mean by 'plate'? The CPU heatsink?

The 760i? Wow thats an old one. Wonder if it has an aluminum radiator? And what other rad did you get to supplement the teeny 760 rad? My worry for you is if you have aluminum and copper in the same loop you will NEED anti corrossive liquid for sure. Or in 4-5 months the rads and block will begin to corrode.

i installed a thermaltake bigwater 760 i

replaced the hoses with my own,
upgraded the fan, and stuck a second radiator off the back.

but the plate is the stock one from the 760i

and before that i just had a masscool heatsink... i usually ran between 35-40 on idol and like 60 on prime95

so i havent really seen a change in temps, but my volts are alot higher now and my cpu is oced higher so

I've looked at that kit before. Looked like a total ripoff for 179.99 at fry's. Nothing beats a custom kit except maybe a custom TEC kit that i'm putting together :)

Realtemp and core temp are the same. Go with them. I couldn't see the temps on HW Monitor, but they are prolly the same as Core/Realtemp. Are you loading the CPU with Prime 95 small ffts when showing the temps? Or is that idle.

unfortunately thats idle...

ill post a screen of temps under load in a few hours when i do some stability tests again.

Back