• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Build log 56K warning lots of pics

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rustyfender

Quick Overview:
-made some case modifiactions
-clean water loop
-paint case
-redo water loop
-leak test
-assembal case

First off i have to give some credit i themed my paint scheme after this guy
click here for his page
here's a pic of his case
Watercooled%20Cosmos%20S%202.htm

my objective was to build shrouds for the case out of alum. so that no wires were visable and to do a better job of my water cooling setup.

Ive been working on it for the last 4 days basically from 9am to 1 in the morning . I dont particularily care to find out how many hours a day that is but i know its to many.

the loop now goes res>single rad>single rad> both pumps>gpu>gpu>triple
rad>cpu>res

and now for some pics

Some pre-build pics:

had some red cathods in the top made it look like a souped up toaster when it was on
DSC00218.jpg

had way to much tubing before
DSC00224.jpg

got everything torn apart..... nooo no more comp for a couple daysas
DSC00228.jpg
DSC00229.jpg

This is what die does. I wasn't using feser fluid i was using Distilled with polypropolene glycol
DSC00227.jpg
DSC00225.jpg
DSC00226.jpg

Painted the Case heres the chassy. i think it looks much better flat black then it did silver. i also took a dremel to the metal mesh where the trip rad goes.
DSC00239.jpg
blue case handles and legs also painted most of the mes parts dont have a pic of that
DSC00236.jpg

got the shrouds in with the single rads mounted!!
DSC00240.jpg

Got leak testing today didnt put the plastic trim on the chassy yet for ease of work
DSC00244.jpg

OH NOES!! one of my compression fittings leaked from the trip rad onto my graphics cards right away

fortunatly it happened instantly and only a couple drops fell on the GPU.... drained the trip rad and that section of line sin it was at the high point of the system. took the fitting out. o-rings looked fine. so i just put some of this around the oring and where the tube contacts the iner part of the compression fitting. Problem solved!!!
DSC00245.jpg
interesting sidenote here that stuff is great for anywhere that you have a little rattle just put a little in there quiets it right up when it cures and its colorless though slightly cloudy.
ill post anouther pic once the thing is done

Your GPU blocks look like mine on the inside. No corrosion or buildup, just some oxidation. My GTZ kinda was like that, but no chunks. I run distilled, PHN nuke, and a killcoil.

Looks very busy in there, glad it came out okay except for one teeny drip.

Back