• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Custom Coolit Eliminator Project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hey Zeus

Goal :

Near Ambient temps at 5Ghz.

What is a Coolit Eliminator? :

The Coolit Eliminator is essentially a Coolit "Freezone" except for a lesser amount of TEC's. I had one a year ago and it honestly blew my ****ing mind. It dominated everything i threw at it except for the I7 which kicked its ***. The "Eliminator" can dispel up to 125W of heat. My clarkdale right now at 4.9Ghz generates 73W of heat meaning my goal of near and below ambient temps should be easily reached.

Why was the Eliminator Discontinued? :

While i don't have any comment from coolit themselves. I'm going to pretty much assume it was because the water block seen below and pump we're pieces of ****. The Pump was notorious for failing and the waterblock... Look at it. Does that look like it would even be effective in the very least?

coolit_eliminator_08_thumb.jpg

Total Cost :

Barebones Eliminator : $50.00
Apogee XT : $79.99
XSPC Dual Res And Pump : $54.99
Tubing and Barbs : Like 10 Bucks

Total : 194.98

I could have easily went with a cheaper block and res/pump but why do something if your not going to do it right? Fun starts on Friday :)

Seems like you only bought the coolit unit for the peltier inside? Those are CHEAP on ebay... Or using the coolit's radaitor too?

Seems like you only bought the coolit unit for the peltier inside? Those are CHEAP on ebay... Or using the coolit's radaitor too?

I don't need "Extreme" cooling and the Eliminator provided that without me setting much up. Going with a custom pelt on ebay would have been fun but a pain in the ***

It appears to me that the only difference is another radiator and peltier?

Oh, does this system chill the water in the lines? Now this makes a little more sense to me. Might wanna stick with the small tubing size then, maybe 3/8 if that's what the hookups on the chiller are. Guessing the pump and block will come with 1/2 inch fittings. Looking forward to see how this gets put together! Should be a good improvement. Should stick the old block in the classifieds, someone (like me) could use it lol.

Oh, does this system chill the water in the lines? Now this makes a little more sense to me. Might wanna stick with the small tubing size then, maybe 3/8 if that's what the hookups on the chiller are. Guessing the pump and block will come with 1/2 inch fittings. Looking forward to see how this gets put together! Should be a good improvement. Should stick the old block in the classifieds, someone (like me) could use it lol.

:D

Yeah. The Water gets chilled in the lines, goes through the block and back into the res. When the 32nm quad's come out i'll have to plumb two in line :)

Back