• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 motherboard that supports xfire?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kalivos

Can anyone suggest a motherboard for an i5 that has xfire/sli support? I was looking at newegg, and honestly, either I'm failing, or I'm only seeing boards with 1 x16 pci-e slot on them.

EDIT: I take this back, and am an idiot. And was indeed failing. :eek:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131404
in the lga1156 architechture The tradeoff for the price is the loss of 20 PCI Express lanes so you cant really run 16x/16x xfire

if you go to new egg in advanced search select motherboards with 2 pci 2.0 express slots and most if not all of those are xfire capable if my memory serves me correct they just all wont run 16x/16x in xfire mode some will run 16x/8x or 16x/4x or some other combination I'm not familiar with. depends on the mobo really the performance is negligible from what I'm aware of. If you want full 16x/16x support get 1366 platform, the 1156 platform is supposed to be more mainstream than anything else

Back