• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sli on the ASUS P6T7 WS Supercomputer motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

duckycrayfish

i see that alot of people, when doing 3 way sli on this motherboard, starting adding graphics cards from top to bottom. is it required to do this with sli? because if you do it from the bottom it would save you an extra pcie 2.0 x16 slot. or is it because right under the bottom one there are plugs for things.

the main question is basicly.... could you put a graphics card on the bottom slot and still be able to use those plugs that it would cover?

heres a picture of it
asus-p6t7-ws-supercomputer-2.jpg

also, to save the effort of starting a new thread for a small question.... what are those things sticking off the back of the pcie slots?

If they are all 16x slots electrically, then it does not matter. Some boards may use different (slower) chips for the other slots.

lol i dont know what an sas controler is XD. could i still use those plugs if i put a 295 in that slot? does anyone thing that there would be enough room?

lol i dont know what an sas controler is XD. could i still use those plugs if i put a 295 in that slot? does anyone thing that there would be enough room?
The SAS/SATA ports? Yes, they point off the side of the board.

The blue USB headers? You should be able to fit it under the card. You will want to hook them up before the card.

I also noticed that you want to put a dual slot card in that last slot. Unless you have one of the cases with 10 PCI slots, it won't fit there. That is a case limitation.

yep :D just got the xaser vi. thank you very much. im gana buy it now :) just wondering... can you run the sli in any of the slots? or does it have to be the top 3?

I'm pretty sure it's any of them. Chances are you will only be able to use it on the 1/3/5/7 slot since you'll have dual slot GPUs but you could also start at the second slot i presume.

You can "technically" but I personally am more comfortable sticking to manufacturer recommendations. Anyways, why would you want to stray away from 1/3/5 slot arangment, it makes the most sense to do it that way. You'll be constrained enough at the bottom anyways in regards to air circulation for the bottom most card.

You can "technically" but I personally am more comfortable sticking to manufacturer recommendations. Anyways, why would you want to stray away from 1/3/5 slot arangment, it makes the most sense to do it that way. You'll be constrained enough at the bottom anyways in regards to air circulation for the bottom most card.

if you look at the board, using the 3/5/7 would open up another pcie slot :). plus i have fans at the botton of my case so its fine.

if you look at the board, using the 3/5/7 would open up another pcie slot :). plus i have fans at the botton of my case so its fine.

Yes, but can you USE the slot? There are only so many PCIE lanes available from the chipset. The NF200 just splits lanes, it doesn't create extras.

Back