• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cosmos S with Classifed, Hk 3.0 and feser 360 rad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Juggalo23451

Alright guys I did a post on my fiances rig now here is my rig in all its glory

EKSpinRES.JPG

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Custom window
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
It kinda looks like 7/16" over 1/2" barbs to me.

it is. Masterkleer 7/16" x 5/8" wicked stuff!

outside of the dye looks good, though i must say that rig looks alot like this guy over at overclock.net's rig.

Conumdrum, did your temps drop with the new setup?

it is. Masterkleer 7/16" x 5/8" wicked stuff!

outside of the dye looks good, though i must say that rig looks alot like this guy over at overclock.net's rig.

Conumdrum, did your temps drop with the new setup?

Yep, looks like I lost about 1-1.5C going from the GTZ to the GT. I also replaced the rad fans, Yate Loon mediums to GT high speeds. I took temp reading before and after but there was to much variability to really report a positive change so methinks I got a decrease. :shrug:

So yes, it was a great, massive decrease in temps, there were parties along my street in celebration. :grouphug: :rock: :beer: I'm now 1.5 K above absolute zero. :screwy: My screenshot program has a cold bug so I can't post a screeny, sorry.

Some of the red tubes do look a bit orange. It all depends on the lighting. Toss a couple of red CCFL or red LED bars, the tubes will look more red.

lol, i know it's you. was a badly written joke.

lol gotcha:) Good news I might be able to start working on my fiances case again. I was looking at the connector and I cant connect the thermaltake thunderblade to a fan controller. So I am going to change them to 3 pin instead:) Trying to make the case look as clean as possible. The less wires that are visible the better:)

Water isn't perfectly ideal, though. First of all, it's conductive*, which is why you're probably reading this in the first place. Second, by the time you get done adding all of the junk (dye, water wetter, etc) to prevent corrosion**, colour it and stop it from turning green, you've pretty much spent the same (if not more)***. Third, you have the hassle of mixing all of that junk to begin with, then the difficulty**** of pouring that from whatever gallon or more sized container down to your system.

^^ kind of ruins any credibility that review had.

* - distilled water is NOT Conductive. however like all coolants, they will become conductive when the liquid picks up ions from the metal in the loop. also when it hits your board, if there is dust on it it will also become conductive.

** - there is no need for anti-corrosion when you aren't mixing metals.

*** - hmm. 1 gallon of distilled +$1 + 1 silver kill coil or bottle of pt nuke = $3-$8 that will last basically a life time. so $10 for say 4 loops. vs $18 a for 1 loop.

**** - oh ya, so much harder...

distilled is currently the best.

EDIT: that's not meant to be an attack on you juggalo, just saying distilled would be better.

Last edited:
Okay.... Two years old review. Most of us here moved to distilled and a biocide. As on XS forums. I'm sure your familiar with the holy grail of overclocking and performance cooling. One reason I left the other place, even the mod was preaching using outdated liquid mixes. Dunno why. As an editor I'm sure you can see my early history, I'm Conumdrum there too and the same on XS.

In the tests the difference was 1C on the 4th core between Feser 1 and distilled. Way, way inside of testing variabilities.

Distilled is $1 a gallon. Feser is what cost?

Seen this vid? Like at XS it's the way we say why use anything else but distilled.

Just preaching here. I should back off, I have been hammering you and have been at this a while and use what your happy with. We just do things diff here I guess.

^^ kind of ruins any credibility that review had.

* - distilled water is NOT Conductive. however like all coolants, they will become conductive when the liquid picks up ions from the metal in the loop. also when it hits your board, if there is dust on it it will also become conductive.

** - there is no need for anti-corrosion when you aren't mixing metals.

*** - hmm. 1 gallon of distilled +$1 + 1 silver kill coil or bottle of pt nuke = $3-$8 that will last basically a life time. so $10 for say 4 loops. vs $18 a for 1 loop.

**** - oh ya, so much harder...

distilled is currently the best.

I did not care about the cost I had a 1,500 tax return at the time when I got out of the Navy. So I built my dream build. Do do you think I really cared about price, when I had a nice tax return after working my butt off for Uncle Same for four years.

Spawn, distilled water is conductive. Buy a high end probe meter setup and give it a try. It is! Pure uber water is less conductive. Feser 1 HAS to be more conductive because they start with distilled and add marketing gobbly gook to it. The added molecules increase conductivity.

Last week I got a lesson from a chemist analizing our water system for our printing press. Every additive to pure water increases conductivity by adding loose ions and other impurities. You add a molecule with an added electron to it's balance, conductivity increases. Of course I pushed him for info, and he was amazed I watercool my PC. Was a good time working with him.

So, just mora info.

I did not care about the cost I had a 1,500 tax return at the time when I got out of the Navy. So I built my dream build. Do do you think I really cared about price, when I had a nice tax return after working my butt off for Uncle Same for four years.

But it's what is expressed to the masses who are new at watercooling on what liquids to use, the right fans for the right rigs, to cut their costs and having the least problem rigs is what we are about here.................

Making new watercoolers successful and informed is what we are about. We question anyone who has some other possible liquids, to find out mebbe they have the golden answer. Your not the first by a long shot.

But it's what is expressed to the masses who are new at watercooling on what liquids to use, the right fans for the right rigs, to cut their costs and having the least problem rigs is what we are about here.................

Making new watercoolers successful and informed is what we are about. We question anyone who has some other possible liquids, to find out mebbe they have the golden answer. Your not the first by a long shot.

It it my build so why do you care if I used feser f1.Coming down on me cause I did not used distilled water does not make any sense. Let alone this was my 1st water cooled rig ever. I recommend people to use distilled water and 2 drops of pt nuke when people want to know about water cooling.

Last edited:
Back