• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which timings to believe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

720x770

I have a read out from everest and easytune (gigabyte utility). Bare in mind that these are some pretty cheap/generic DDR3 modules sold by crucial.

Current settings
-
Unganged Dual Channel DDR3 1333Mhz 9-9-9-24 (automatic timing) 1.5v

Everest Benchmark:

Memory Read: 8174 MB/s
Memory Write: 6775 MB/s
Memory Copy: 9908 MB/s
Memory Latency: 54ns

any problems with these numbers?
-
Everest timings:
EVEREST.png
-
EasyTune timings:
EASYTUNE.png

I guess both tables would be acceptable, and I notice it sort of shows the timings slightly overclocked by a mhz or a few (ie showing the timings for 1524mhz). Just wondering why it determines these numbers differently.
-

Also, any predictions for how tight I could get the timings without heat becoming a problem, and preferably without upping the voltage much or at all? Worth pushing to 1524Mhz? what voltage would it need?

Last edited:
I wouldn't be too concerned w/ the different timing tables, as what's important are the timings the manufacturer spec's the RAM to run at a certain frequency (in your case 9-9-9-24 at 1333MHz). SPD timings are sometimes set on the conservative side, which is why Easy Tune shows timings of 9-10-10-25 at 1372MHz. And it's impossible to say how much DRAM voltage would be necessary to run at a frequency of 1528MHz... there are too many variables involved. You'll just have to experiment yourself, and find the tightest timings at the lowest voltage possible to be Memtest / OCCT / Prime, etc. stable at any given frequency.

Back