• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radiators!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kully3xf

Registered
:attn:

Hey guys! so im lookin to add a new radiator onto my system...

im wondering whats a good website for buying external radiators and such

im lookin for a dual fan set up

i dont really know what i need to set up an external radiator so a lil list would be helpfull too!!

any imput is always helpful

yeah im kinda ****ed about this thermaltake jaun my temps r so high, thus adding a second rad set up, and by dual fan set up im meaning a 2 fan radiator. 2x120mm is what im looking for.

thanks for that website tho!

Ditch the thermaltake and build a custom loop. Adding another rad may help a little, but you will be mixing metals, which ain't good.

Judging by the OP's profile location, a US retailer may be the better way to go. Swiftech MCR220 will be your best bang for your buck. Jab-Tech is an excellent retailer, and I have lost count of how many times I have ordered from them.:thup:

wow i should have consulted all yall before making my purchase, sounds like i made a 150$ mistake lol
but my original idea was to buy the 760i and slowly but surley replace all the parts when i get more money...

so im going to be taking apart the kit this week and est. a single loop and removing the stupid quick disconnect as that is DEF halting flow rates. and ill get the radiator from one of the websites you all have so generously handed out! :)
and then replace the pump shortly there after.
and then after that, replace the water block that came with the kit, as the one that came really sucked, all sorts of machine markings on it and what have yous.

ill be sure to make a post as time goes on detailing all the things i do and post some images and show yall progress!

newbsauce water=newbsauce mistakes! lol

As far as pumps go, you can't go wrong with the Swiftech MCP355 (I think it is a rebadged DDC 3.2) with an XSPC res top, or the MCP655 variable speed (also known as a Laing D5 Vario) with a Swiftech MCRES V2. A reservoir is not an absolute necessity, but it does make filling and bleeding the loop much easier. For the absolute best in CPU blocks, the Swiftech XT or the HeatKiller 3.0 seem to be the way to go. Are you looking into adding your GPU into the loop as well? If that is something you may want to keep open as an option, I would recommend getting a bigger rad, atleast a 3x120. There are a few options out there for GPU blocks, like the Swiftech MCW60, or EK Full Coverage blocks made specifically to fit the card they are designed for. For tubing, I really like the Primochill LRT 1/2"x3/4". To keep the nasties from growing in your loop, you can use Bitspower True Silver Fittings, a silver kill coil, or some PT-Nuke, or any combination of the above.

ok so heres what i did. just bought xsps rs240 with metal barbs. two cooljag everflow fans, and a rad box.

ill let ya know how it installs. should be here on weds

thanks for all your help!

and thanks for the pump info deadlysyn, ill be refrensing that when i get a few more dollars to spend.

Umm The RS XSPC rad? Thats the old one, not near as good as the RX series. I can post supporting test links and thermal tests to show this. Can I ask you to hold off a bit till you learn a bit more. The TT hose is kinda small, you'll need different barbs when you get more parts.

Buying the TT without research was a boo-boo you admit. Don't make the same mistake again?

ok so!!! just installed my new rad, fans, and 300 more ml of glycol... :)!!!

temps
22 deg c on idle,
35-39 under load.

im so happy

Back