• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which FC waterblock for GTX285?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gsrcrxsi

Do they all prettyuch perform the same? How are the koolance blocks? I can get a koolance block cheap from eBay ($75) but I wasn't sure if it would be worth it to get a different block

for that series of card they all pretty much perform the same. you should be fine with the koolance block, i believe it was made after they smartened up and stopped using aluminum in their blocks.

yea the description says its nickle plated copper and stainless steel

are there any mixed metals issues to worry about with nickle plated copper, stainless and straight copper? the rest of my loop is an apogee xt, and swiftech rads.

Last edited:
no problems with those metals.

copper, brass, silver, gold, nickel, chrome, plastics, stainless steel are all fine together and in most loops (minus the gold)

make sure your card is the compatible though! i forgot to add that, i sent a pm just to be safe.

there are reference and non reference designs that work with certain blocks.

yea i bought the card and block together. separate auctions but they are compatible with each other and were used together. thanks for looking out though.

Back