• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water cooling kit I found used.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GIXXERGUY6

Full set of parts...
Swiftech Apogee GTZ Extreme Performance Waterblock (with box and all parts)
Swiftech Apogee GTZ AM2 Accessory kit
Swiftech MCW60-R Revision 2 VGA Waterblock (with box and all parts; incl' 8800 GT adapter))
Swiftech MCP655 12 VDC Pump Liquid Cooling System
Swiftech MCRES Micro Revision 2 Reservoir (all parts)
Tygon R3603 1/2in. ID 5/8in. OD Laboratory Tubing (some pieces)
Swiftech Coolsleeves 625 Horizon UV Blue (some pieces)
Bitspower Shining Silver 1/2in. to 1/4in. Reduction Fitting
Herbie Clip Nylon Hose Clamp Size F - Black (6 or so)
Lots of misc fittings, clamps, etc

will this block work for a i7, is it just the mounting that is different or what?

is this worth 100$ or should I just make my own kit?

Actually it's worth alot more that $100 beans. The GTZ, MCW60-R & MCP655 is well over $160 alone. Not counting the accessories, tubing and added things.

You may need some new tubing, clamps, the 1366 adapter for the GTZ and of course the radiator & fans.

well then you think it's worth jumping on?

how much would this cost to fit to an i7 setup?

with a triple 120 rad, tubing and fans?

In that pile of parts, what's useful to you? Decide if it's worth it from there.

If I were in the market, I'd look at it.

Actually it's worth alot more that $100 beans. The GTZ, MCW60-R & MCP655 is well over $160 alone. Not counting the accessories, tubing and added things.

You may need some new tubing, clamps, the 1366 adapter for the GTZ and of course the radiator & fans.

I would say it is well worth it, considering what I paid for the parts in my setup, not counting the rad and fans. If I take the rad, fans, rheobus, and the extension wires for the fans, I spent around $220, and all of the parts were used, aside from a few fittings and tubing. If I would have bought everything new, I probably would have been looking at $350-$400.

now I'm sad! He hasn't got back to me yet.

is that rad good enough if I wanted to include my 9800gtx+ in the loop for now and upgrade to 1 or 2 gf100's later on? or would swapping to a bigger res and a quad rad be better?

I hope the guy gets back with me I'll jump on it and get the i7 bracket for 7.95 get 20$ in tubing and be water cooled I guess.

Back