• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help with memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thezoraz

ok I just put together a new build and everything is running fine but my ram was only running at 1333 instead of advertised 1600 so I tried to manually set the timings in the bios but it would not change the speed, so then I just upped the voltage and overclocked it to 800mhz but the timings aren't where there suppose to be and its running in T1 instead of T2 (and I can't figure out a way to change that) normally I would be fine with it not running at manufacture settings but the thing is windows 7 is only rating the ram a 5.9 and its 4gb ddr3 1600 so I don't quite understand whats wrong there, so I would like some help from you guys.

here's some info to help out

my MoBo: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO
my Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

1smfki.jpg
29d74nr.jpg

thanks for any and all replies.

Change the following settings...

Code:
DRAM Timing Mode: Both
tCL: 9
tRCD: 9
tRP: 9
tRAS: 24
And the BIOS doesn't offer the option of changing the Command Rate. Although you can change it using AMD Overdrive, just leave it at 1T unless you run into a stability issue.

well I just did that but the problem is that when I change it to those settings it still runs at 669 instead of 800, should I leave the voltage overclocked to 1.71000 and the memory speed to 800mhz or should the timings alone fix it? also its still only getting a 5.9 in win 7.
5choh4.jpg

Back