• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Updating my build/loop (pics!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gsrcrxsi

well ive got the upgrade bug. new job + more money = new computer build lol. my old computer was getting a little dated, so i sold most of it off and started putting together a nice, fast, future-proof(ish) rig that would be good for gaming and pretty much anyting else.

old rig:
Q6600 @ 3.6GHz
Asus P5K3 Deluxe
8GB DDR3 1600 (@1333)
GTX280 std.
640GB caviar blue
and watercooled with some dtek blocks and swiftech rads.
everything internal in my Rocketfish case

pic:
DSC012001.JPG

so the new rig is as follows:
i7-920 D0 (hopefully clocked to 4.0+GHz)
EVGA E758-TR mb
6GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz (7-7-7-20)
EVGA GTX285 (flashed to FTW)
2x Intel 80GB in RAID-0

still all water cooled. i upgraded the CPU block to an Apogee XT, redid some of the tubing, and got rid of the res. moved to a t-line setup, and i think im gonna like it better this way. the GTX285 and waterblock havent arrived yet but i should get them tomorrow. that way i can finish the loop. you can tell how the loop will be and ill update with more pics. but i apologize for the pic quality, my iphone is my only camera now.

pics:
IMG_0027.JPG

IMG_0025.JPG

IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

Nice job. Looks better!

Just a small suggestion though: You could flip those HDs around so the cables run down the back out of sight.

yea i could flip the SSDs, but there isnt enough room to flip the 1tb regular 3.5" drive. kind of pointless to do one and not the other.

Could you tell me what case that is you're using? Did you have to modify your case to get everything to fit? Thanks.

the case is a Rocketfish case from Best Buy. BB used to sell them for $200, but then they went on clearance for like $50 bucks. its basically a rebranded Lian Li case (the case fans are even Lian Li branded). and yes i had to do lots of modification to make the radiators fit. stock there is a 120mm fan in the front, i cut a second 120mm fan opening in the front and mounted my own power/reset buttons. i also had to cut out the top to fit the top rad. for what i have, and having everything internal, i dont think any other case could be better :)

good luck finding one though, they were on clearance at BB like 2 years ago.

well im kinda upset. the fittings i ordered dont work. i got some regular dtek fittings. they are the right thread and size, but they have too much thread and bottom out before sealing. grrr need to get new fittings now. i was hoping to have the loop filled and bleeding by now.

i did get the card and water block though.

got all the right parts yesterday. bitspower fitting are much better and have shorter threads for this application. i finished the loop and filled it up. i also bled it. will update with pics later tonight

pics! these drives in raid are ridiculous. installed win7 ultimate 64bit in 8:45. not bad :)

IMG_0035.JPG
IMG_0036.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG

now reinstalling everything...

Last edited:
Back