• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory prices?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xstatic

When did ddr3 triple channel memory prices sky rocket? I payed 110 for 6 gig kit just a few months ago. Why did the price jump $60? Same speed, same brand, same everything. Glad I got 2 kits for a total of 12 gigs but wow this price jump is INSANE!!!

I am building a system for someone and I didnt realize the prices had jumped so high.

They've been going up since about July-August.

Combination of production was reduced due to low prices in order to let demand catch up. All new stuff from both AMD and Intel is DDR3 and now higher demand is putting a bottom on prices.

What we had for the 12 months or so prior to this last run up was nice, but my guess is that its not likely to be seen again any time soon.

Pretty much a good summary.
I have been watching this for some time, and it was no supprise yesterday when I went into my local shop today and noticed they had the 6GB Cas6 DDR3-1600 Mushkin Redlines back in stock. When they went out of stock in Sept-Oct the kit was $219CDN. When they got them back in stock in Mid to Late December they're now $279. Ouch!

Back