• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a few basic questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rcillig

I'm about to switch cases so Ill need to redo my loop and while I'm at it. I'm going to switch to compression fittings this go around. Here are my semi novice questions.

Question #1 I'm running 1/2ID and was wondering how much performance I'd loose moving too 3/8ID ? I know 3/8ID is a bit more flexible or workable so that is why I ask.

Question #2 Are all compression fittings equal or is there a brand or model that is better than the rest. They are kinda pricey so I don't want to have to learn by trail and error.

Question #3 There has to be an good advantage of going to colored tubing instead of using dye, right? No additives in Distilled is pretty much all I can find on this.

Thanks
Rob

1.you wont be loosing much from switching from 1/2 to 3/8
2.I personally like bitspower fittings
3. Distilled water is best the dye will stain your tubing and has the potential to gunk up on any w/c block

1. there will be a difference from 1/2" to 3/8" BUT nothing that will effect your performance so it's really not an issue.

2. i've only ever bought 2 fittings, both being bitspower. i like them and there quality so i will recommend them.

3. there is a good advantage of using coloured tubing over dye's. better performance, less maintenance and no chance of gunk building up.
distilled water and a biocide like Pt nuke, .999 silver plated fittings , or a Silver kill coil.

Back