• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marcusmiller360

Registered
I've always liked Antec cases, and the 1200 is certainly very nice, but its just not that water-cooling friendly. Either you stick a double rad over the two 120mm fan spots in back (some modifying potentially required) or custom mount your triple or quad rad.... to the back. Using the front three 120spaces pretty much means either killing off your hdd spots or finding an odd way to front-mount it.

Thermaltake, Lian-Li, Chieftec...

Whats your favorite case? Any particular reason? Or maybe just have an opinion on the best cases to stuff your WC gear into?

Well I like the haf 932 for water cooling but the best/ my favorite is the corsair 800d a watercoolers dream.... I myself though prefer the antec 1200 for air cooling but I think both the corsair haf and antec cases look UGLY without mods and my favorite case which is the wind tunnel xclio brand everyone hates so I must have odd tastes

Anyways if you have a big budget and like a big case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139001 is a dream to work with and the build quality is great. If someone tends to buy something like this USE FEDEX NOT UPS, every one of my cases that where shipped with ups had broken boxes scratches etc and with fedex everything has been fine. Ups is also the reason for most hardrive dead on arrivals.
(ends rant :) )

I really like the TJ07 by Silverstone. They cost an arm and a leg, but look really nice. For pure functionality with water cooling, nothing will ever beat mountain mods IMO...but they'll cost you an arm and two legs. ;)

Corsair Obsidian 800D for water. Doesnt have the best airflow, but undoubtedly good enough. Thats an arm and a leg as well.

As far as the Mountain mod cases, that makes ME drool. And I wouldnt mind a wheelchair to pay for one of those...hehe!

Slightly biased (see my sig) but I also rate the Silverstone TJ07. You can get a triple or quad rad in the base and a slimline dual in the roof with minimal modding (cut down the fan grille a bit). You can also get a slimline triple rad in the roof if you cut out an extra bit.

My vote goes for the Silverstone FT02, it takes the design for both TJ07 and RV02 and combines them making an amazing case with outstanding airflow.

rocketfish. mine fits a 120x3 and a 120x2, both internal. i hate having a radiator sticking outside of the case.

case only cost $50. but it needed lots of modding and you cant get them anymore.

i got the xaser vi. im kinda ****ed now though because i realized i dont really like the looks of it that much T.T
i got the red/black version...

Corsair Obsidian 360 internally
Haf 932 360 rad internally
Cosmos S 360 rad internally
ATCS 840 360 rad intenally
Silverstone TJ07 480 rad bottom or 360 rad top and another rad in the bottom
ABS Canyon

I got half 932 getting delivered tomorrow but my dream case would be a MM case for sure, but man it would take a small fortune just to get it set up with basic stuff.

i have the HAF 932, and i love it, and i think i may even be able to fit a second mcr 320 internally on it.
the second mcr320 is probably gonna be my next computer related purchase, lol.

my vote goes to corsair obsidian800D and silverstone tJ07 both are a piece of art in shape and really good for watercooling,also if you want to fit extreme water cooling stuff like 2 quad radiators then the mountainmods cases would be the choice

For doing a good watercooled system and you don't mind spending the money, it's hard not to look at the cases made by Mountain Mods. I love my U2-UFO and they make even larger cases than it. And they also came out with some tower style cases too. But they are not budget build-friendly though and are rather spendy.

I've always wanted to try the Mountain Mods Pinnacle, their tower that can fit 2x 120.3 rads. I drool every time I see one.

Maybe I'm weird or behind the times ( both very likely ), but I love my Lian-Li PCG-70B. I've got it modded for a 120.3 in the top, and I still have plenty of room to work with. Plus i like the look of it. But they are expensive, easily as much as the Cosair 800D. Hope that gives you another angle, cases are about the most personal thing you can get for a computer. Get the one you like.
-Drew

This is a great thread, and after reading I am going to have to change my case. I am being patient before ordering my first WC setup. It has been almost 6 weeks looking around and reading and now I have to get a Mountain Mod case (U2-UFO). I guess it's time to change my complete setup :)
Thanks All

This is a great thread, and after reading I am going to have to change my case. I am being patient before ordering my first WC setup. It has been almost 6 weeks looking around and reading and now I have to get a Mountain Mod case (U2-UFO). I guess it's time to change my complete setup :)
Thanks All

Great! Be VERY careful on the options of the side panels. Make sure you get it right the first time. And glad your budget can do it, many wish they could.

And umm, seen peeps get a MM case, a year later it's too small. Make sure you plan for future raddage unless your going big to start. It's addicting for sure.

Back