• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Review of G.Skill ECO PC3-12800 CL7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice review Eldonko,
I have a set of G.skill ECO's, but they are the 888 version, not the 787. However, in testing I have been able to run 686 timings at 800mhz (running at 1.6v.) Strangely, though, 1mhz over 800 on the memory and it won't get into Windows, regardless of which divider it's on.

My motherboard's (p55a-ud3) first dimm slot is broken. Could the fact that I'm not using the first and third dimm slots be the reason why they can't overclock even 1mhz over 800? I don't mean to threadcrap, but these sticks seems like they have more in them, but I can't get them to budge. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Yeah I think that kit should be BBSE as well and it should do over 800Mhz at 6-9-6 so give that a try. 6-8-6 will cap out around 800 but with 6-9-6, you should get close to 1000. Also try 1.55v before 1.6v. My kit did worse with 1.6v than with 155v but Ive also seen some kits scale up to 1.7. Just needs to be tested for optimal voltage.

Regarding the memory slots.. P55 generally boards use slots 2 and 4 as default. By 2 and 4 I mean count the slots going away from the CPU slot and you want the second and 4th slots.

Let me know how you make out :)

Thanks for the advice. You are right on the memory slots, I checked in my motherboard manual.

At 696. 797, or 999 timings, I can't get into windows at higher than 800mhz, using either the 8 to 1 or the 10 to 1 dividers at between 1.5-1.6volts.

When going up in memory frequency, are there any other voltages I have to look at other than vdimm?

Any other advice would be appreciated. thanks.

Yep, VTT. Up that to 1.30v and try again and if that doesnt help try 1.35v. Also if you adjust trfc and keep the other secondaries on auto they will loosen to optimal settings. Try 88 and if that doesnt work bump it to 100. You just need to find what is holding you back.

Back