• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7850 black edition compatible w/ ddr2 1200?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subhumannn

Registered
i have a gigabyte ga-ma78gm-us2h, in the manual it says it is compatable with ddr2 1200mhz ram depending on the processor installed. i cant find any information on my amd 7850 black edition indicating wether or not the processor will be sufficient for 1200mhz ram modules.

also was wondering if it is even worth installing the 1200mhz ram because in the manual it says if you are going to install 1066mhz or faster that you can only install one dimm per channel and im assuming that would force me to run in unganged mode as apposed to running in dualchannel mode when i have 2 ddr2 800mhz dual channel modules installed. :bang head

i have a gigabyte ga-ma78gm-us2h, in the manual it says it is compatable with ddr2 1200mhz ram depending on the processor installed. i cant find any information on my amd 7850 black edition indicating wether or not the processor will be sufficient for 1200mhz ram modules.

also was wondering if it is even worth installing the 1200mhz ram because in the manual it says if you are going to install 1066mhz or faster that you can only install one dimm per channel and im assuming that would force me to run in unganged mode as apposed to running in dualchannel mode when i have 2 ddr2 800mhz dual channel modules installed. :bang head

:welcome:

I'm not seeing a 7850, did you mean 5850? Or 5870?

BIG EDIT: Nm :p Thought this was in GFX lol :bang head:rain:

Back