• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS K7S5A & Enermax EG365P

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gunrunner

Registered
Was building a new system for my son. Hooked the Enermax up to the ECS board and power supply would not start. Put in an Aopen 300W and away it went. Retried the Enermax and nothing. Put it in my machine Asus A7V and it runs great. Weird, any ideas? My son would like to have his power supply back as he is running an XP 1700+.

Checked the pins housings in the Enermax plug? Might not be making good contact on the ECS board. Also need to make sure you're getting the power headers from the case switches turned the right way...+ to +, - to -. Does make a difference on some motherboard headers.

About all I can think of. Could only be something trivial like that since it's found the PSU is good.

Could be that the enermax is DOA, if so you might be able to get a replacement but enermax offer no warranty so you might not :rolleyes:

The Enermax works great hooked up to my Asus A7V but will not respond at all when connected to the ECS K7S5A board. My other power supply a 300 Watt AOpen works fine hooked up to either board. I tried installing it several times with the ECS board changing the start button pin polarity but no go it would not start.
Its not the ECS M/B as it works fine with the AOpen PS and its not the Enermax PS as it works fine with my A7V. Very strange.

Back