• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help mem problems.. any help would be great.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sage0030

ok I have three channel memory installed in this mobo, ocing it to 2000 ghz memory that is and it only detects 4 gig instead of the whole 6 gigs of ram. when ocing why is that?

mobo p6t lga
bios is fully updated

A little system info would help..what board,chip,mem, etc
This only happens while it is overclocked?

cpu i7 920 @ 3.7
mobo p6t lga
tri channel kingston 2000 mem.
yes when I try to change the ddr freq higher then 1500 it will only detect 4 gig of the ram not the full 6 gigs. could the brand of the memory be causing this?

Last edited:
It may need the QPI/VTT voltage upping/ I have G.Skill Trident and they recommend a QPI/VTT voltage of around 1.55-1.6V (and DRAM voltage at 1.6v) to run at 2000MHz. Increasing the QPI voltage will increase the CPU temperatures a few extra degrees.

It may need the QPI/VTT voltage upping/ I have G.Skill Trident and they recommend a QPI/VTT voltage of around 1.55-1.6V (and DRAM voltage at 1.6v) to run at 2000MHz. Increasing the QPI voltage will increase the CPU temperatures a few extra degrees.

ok brotha thx for that info I will def try that when I get home today, :rock:

I tried this today it did make it able to boot all 6 gigs, but I had to keep uping the qpi/ddr voltage, how far can I go with this untill it starts to damage?

Check with Kingston support. G.Skill told me 1.6v on the QPI and it should need no more than 1.60v on the DRAM voltage. They may use different chips to Kingston.

You can also load the XMP setting and ensure the RAM is running at 2000MHz but leave DRAM & QPI voltages on Auto then if you have Turbo V installed check what they're showing.

Check with Kingston support. G.Skill told me 1.6v on the QPI and it should need no more than 1.60v on the DRAM voltage. They may use different chips to Kingston.

You can also load the XMP setting and ensure the RAM is running at 2000MHz but leave DRAM & QPI voltages on Auto then if you have Turbo V installed check what they're showing.

ok ill do , thx, :rock:

Back