• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Storm rev II on P55 MB???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mycobacteria

I have an old storm rev II water block, it has served me well.

I have just purchased a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD7...

Has anyone modded the storm in someway so it will fit a P55 mb?
Can you just drill extra holes into the mounting bracket etc?
Better still is there a P55 mounting kit I can buy for the storm water block?

I dont want to buy another water block if I can help it.
(Trying to be green trying to recycle)

Not sure about drilling holes into the existing plate, but one option I do know will work (did it myself with my AM2 system and LR Cascade) is to take 1/4" UHMW Polyethylene (UHMWPE) or HDPE and drill it to fit two to four holes on your plate plus the holes you need for the block.

The steel plate helps keep it stiff but isn't strictly required. It's also very easy to work with even if you're limited to hand tools. Polycarbonate, acrylic, aluminum, or even wood will work as well. HDPE & UHMWPE are just what I've found to work well. Professional plastics can cut your pieces to size but they do have a $20 minimum per line order and a $30 minimum total order.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586106

There's a template I try to keep up to date. You should be able to make something that works for you.

Back