• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM Stability, OC, etc...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BetaTest

Hello Overclockers, I need your help. 99% of the time I would use google and figure everything out for myself, but I need your brains for this one...

I'm not sure what the problem is but I have been having "Delays" on my system. i.e I play a game and it "freezes" for about 1-2 seconds every so often...Not sure what is causing this...and its my only gripe.

I am going to provide you with a screenshots, and if there's anything off/fixable/Overclockable, please, share your knowledge!

1-2.jpg
2-1.jpg
3-1.jpg
4-1.jpg
5.jpg
Slot 3 & 4 are identical to 1 and 2.

Thanks for the help!

The problem w/ the dissimilar sticks of OCZ and Corsair is that the OCZ is rated at 7-8-8-24 and 1.75V at 1333MHz, while the Corsair is rated at 9-9-9-24 and 1.5V at 1333MHz. Try changing the four primary timings to 9-9-9-24 w/ DRAM voltage manually set to 1.55 - 1.6V. At a default FSB of 333MHz, change the DRAM frequency from 1066MHz (5:8 FSB : DRAM ratio) to 1333MHz (4.00 DRAM multiplier on a 333 strap). If you need help w/ the settings, then I'll need to know what board you have.

Last edited:
Ok if I understand correctly, you want me to do the following:

Adjust all ram to 9-9-9-24
Set DRAM voltage to 1.55-1.6
Set DRAM frequency to 1333MHZ

Doing this should provide better stability?

Also, the board I have is a Asus P5Q3 Motherboard. Thanks for the reply man.

Yes, if it POSTs w/ those settings then run Memtest86+ to check for RAM stability at those timings and voltage.

Last edited:
Ok, I applied all those new values. My comp POSTed without any problems, and I ran MemTest86+. I let it do a few passes and it came up error free. Also, a new screenshot with current settings:

new.jpg

I read that a FSB;DRAM ratio of 1:1 is pretty much the best you can get right? So mine of 1:2 should be better than previous 5:8.

So I should be set when it comes to stabilization then right?
Thanks in advance.

Don't be concerned w/ the DRAM ratio, just be glad that the dissimilar sets of RAM are running at 1333MHz / 9-9-9-24-2T w/ a default FSB of 333MHz. You may be able to tighten the timings and / or lower the DRAM voltage, including increasing the DRAM frequency by way of upping the FSB, but you'll just have to experiment to find the best settings.

Back