• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

memory voltage q's phenom ii

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

glockjs

right now im working on the cpu being stable at lower volts so i have yet to break into the ram so the ram is lax'd as hell right now. before i break into the ram i have a few q's. across the web i can't find any detailed answers on my questions so here it goes...

now i know that intel warns against higher than 1.65 on the ram or it may "damage" the cpu...what is the max "safe" voltage for the amd phenom ii's?

is it bad in general to pump ddr3 with voltage?

and how does g.skills in general react in general to pumping voltage in their ddr3 sets?

does the 1t vs 2t make a huge performance difference on amd's? i've seen alot of people pointing to only a 3% increase at 1t vs 2t...

i bought these ripjaws: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231278&cm_re=ripjaws-_-20-231-278-_-Product

the goal is to get the fastest speed with the tightest timing and ill prob aim to the 1333 to 1600 range. there is a jdec set that has a 1.6v profile but that xmp....is there a HUGE risk going above 1.6?

i pumped my ddr2's up to the 1.9-2.0 volt range for almost 2 1/2 yrs now with 0 issues...but i know nothing about ddr3

screenies

memx.jpg

The PII doesn't have the same RAM voltage limitation as the i7, so the 1.6V voltage spec. for your Ripjaw's will be fine. I'm curious as to why you're only running the RAM at 1120MHz at 9-9-9-22-2T on a 3:8 divider, when you have DDR3-1600 rated at 8-8-8-24. At the current FSB of 210MHz, change the FSB : DRAM ratio to 1:4 for an effective 1680MHz DRAM frequency.

yeah at that point i was focusing on cpu stability...now i'm working on ram stability and putting it all together..getting closer :/

mem2d.jpg

Back