• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a future selling question, but not a sale on GTX 280x2 watercooled.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Conumdrum

I'm probably gonna sell my GTX 280 SLI with DD waterblocks this summer for a new DX11 card. I'm really hoping the Nvidia cards pan out. I'll watch the benchmarks and wait till the initial rush is over.

My better half (of 25 years) is wondering about budget, darn her! She takes care of the books and is like, "So your gonna spend ANOTHER $700 in July?"

I say, "Maybe? Maybe not?" I got a stern look... She's a great woman and glad to have her all these years, even tho she gets all reality on me sometimes.....

Soooo, I'd like to ask you guys and gals if you see pricing on such used old stuff let me know. Many forums, Ebay etc have stuff and I want to set a fair fast sale price. I can't check them all ya know?

And no PM's about any pre-sale stuff etc. I don't want Muddoctor to rain mud on my parade.

not sure what your asking.. what should you sell them for? I wouldnt pay more than 150 shipped for a gtx 280, a 4890 is as fast and they sell for as little as 125 used.

Nvidia GPU are more expensive but not always better, a decent price is 300 shipped for both.

Just looking for price updates on similar setups. Not looking for what your price ideas may be. Not sure what you mean by better, not looking for bias, just what you see for pricing, simple enuff.

See some posting, post it.

not sure what your asking.. what should you sell them for? I wouldnt pay more than 150 shipped for a gtx 280, a 4890 is as fast and they sell for as little as 125 used.

Nvidia GPU are more expensive but not always better, a decent price is 300 shipped for both.

Cheapest new prices I see are 4890 for $175 and GTX 280 for $160, and that's "stock" air cooling, no water. Even if you cut 25% off the price for "used-ness", you've got to add something for the cooling. The block still is around $150 new. If you cut 50% from the block for "used-ness", you end up with around $200 per card. If you just do 25% from each, then you get $230 per card.

GTX-280 with water-block sold for ~$190 on eBay

Thanks for the update. Ohh they are BFG stock 280 GTX, never overclocked, no need to.

Still, lets look at long term updates, just geting the ball started to roll.....

Back