• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is a good WB and Rad combo for q9550

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mycotopian

I am looking to update my 4 year old water cooling setup. Currently it has a mcp-600 pump, chevette heater core and an old swiftech WB. The heater core is ridiculously huge and I would like to have something I can stuff inside the case and finally get my side panel back on. I am sure the WB is corroded as hell so I might as well replace that while I am at it.

This will be mounted to my Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

A good low FPI 120x2 would be enough with some meduim fans. If you might add a GPU down the raod to the loop or go i7 and overclock, then look at a 120x3 rad for future proofing. Fitting it inside is another issue.

MCR220 is the best bang for the buck and would handle your chip with ease, MCR320 would future proof you for a GPU down the road for not much more cash.

A cheapo Swiftech GT would cool your chip rather well or you could spend a few more bucks on some bling like the HK but I honestly dont see what the fuss is about other then the ***** is heavy as hell.
The EK Supreme and the Aqua Computer Dual Impact 2 are great blocks

Back