• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Price of ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

antipesto93

what happened to the price of ram...i know its high...but its getting abit tooo high...
i got my ddr3 1600 6gb for 65 pounds a few months back
now they go for 150+?
is it because of the release of i7 and i5 or what?
will it ever go down..and is this usual?

Hmmm, i was thinking the same thing because a good friend of mine was complaining about the prices.

When i first got into computers it cost me $75.00 for a stick of 128 meg pc 133 ram. Then it was $300.00 for 1 gig of crucial ballistix ddr 400. The prices on ram nowadays dont bother me anymore not after paying that price for that stuff.

Everyone just go spoiled by the cheap RAM we had for a while.

Checking my newegg history my current 2x2 gig DDR3 kit is the cheapest RAM I've purchased there

2x512 meg DDR 400 $143.10
2x1 gig DDR 500 $162.00
2x2 gig DDR2 1000 $114.99
2x2 gig DDR3 1600 $104.99

And these were all purchased when they were the standard amount for a gaming rig.

ya times change, prices of items change.

Ram is expensive
Video cards are cheap
Harddrives are cheap
PSU can be expensive, cases can be
Processors can be cheap
Monitors are cheap

years ago, PSU were cheap, ram was cheap, vid cards were expensive and so were CPU's, and mobo's could be had for cheap

Prices change between components but in the end $1000 a few years ago got you a good rig as $1000 today does as well.

Back