• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Turbid water....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

infected_

I just drained my loop, to do the mod on the mcp350. I drained the water into a clean water bottle. Then i filed the loop and started the bleeding. Now i notice the water is turbid... Is this normal??

Thanks,

infected_

Turbid ?

Any pics ?

Why dont you refill with new distilled water, you can buy 4L for 2$ at wallmart.

i think its normal now... could it be from micro air bubbles from the bleeding? im using plain distilled water + feser anti-corrosive

yes it can be some micro air bubble in the loop. Let it run for 12h-24h and everything is gona be ok. Be sure to "tilt" the case ( lean it to the front or back or side ) to take all the air out of the loop.

Yeah, I've seen that before myself. And you are right; it very tiny bubbles entrained in the system and they will work out over time. It also helps to shut it down for around 15 minutes then start up again. That will give those very tiny bubbles time to migrate into one spot, making a larger bubble that's easier to bleed out of the system.

One thing I do sometimes, is pinch the tube where there are a lot of bubbles adhering to the wall of the tube. The small increase in water flow at the pinch point helps a little

Back