• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory problem you guys might know.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drexel

I have 512 pc 3200 in my computer. I went to get some more, 3 kinds later it still isnt working. With two of the kinds it boots up, then just reboots randomly. The other kind it just goes to the screen where it says windows couldnt boot right, choose from start windos normally, last known configurate, safe mode stuff like that. I pulled out the battery to reset the MOBO, and the newest memory now boots, BUT its running at 166mhz fsb instead of 200.

So, anyone know what the problem could be? I dont know anything about memory, does it have to be dual channel or ddr1 ddr2, I have no idea.

THANKS

Ignore my pc specs in sig I dont have that pc anymore.

EDIT I just got everest. Its saying the memory timings are different. The stable ones timing is 2.5-3-3-8 (cl-rcd-rp-ras)

The one with problems is 2.0-3-3-6 (cl-rcd-rp-ras)

So, any help on how to change this, what to do next would be appreciated thanks.

Last edited:
Back