• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help,memory timing screenshot included..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shohag2018

Registered
Okay..here is my problem. I have two sticks of DDR2 800 mhz (one with 6-6-6-18 timing, another with 5-5-5-15) rams with different timings. now im having some stability problems.

When running in dual channel mode, my mobo sets them automatically to-

2r5848z.jpg

The separate timings of my rams are-

ram-1 with 6-6-6-18, 800mhz

301h8iv.jpg

ram-2 with 5-5-5-15, 800mhz

25qbsye.jpg

please note that its causing some stability problem, and also has set my bus freq to 667mhz.
now what my common sense tells me is to run it in 6-6-6-18 in the standard timing section, and set 3-3-6-52-3-5 in the advanced timing, and set the mem freq to 800mhz manually(by changing the mem freq multiplier) in order to get better stability.and also what should i do with the last thing- "static tREAD phase adjust" i cant set it to zero, lowest i can get to is 1 while running in dual channel.

What do u think?

Last edited:
Without knowing what the CPU, MB, or current FSB is... I'll assume it's at the default of 333MHz. With the System Memory Multiplier set to Auto, the BIOS adjusted the DRAM frequency to a 1:1 FSB : DRAM ratio for an effective 667MHz. If that's the case, then adjust the DRAM multiplier to 2.40B, which will result in a 5:6 ratio = 800MHz DRAM frequency on the 333 MCH strap. Set DRAM Timing Selectable to Manual, and adjust the four primary timings to 6-6-6-18. Leave all the sub-timings (Advanced Timing Control settings) on Auto for the time being. Also manually adjust DDR2 OverVoltage Control to whatever the RAM w/ the 6-6-6-18 timings is spec'd to run at.

well i have tried that 6-6-6-18, and auto in the subtimings....it has poreven to be the most unstable.. My cpu is an intel e7500 2.93 ghz (266X11),MB is a Gigabyte g31, the ram freq multipliers are 2.00,2.50 and 3.00

iam currently running 6-6-6-18 @800mhz and subcycles are 3-3-6-52-3-5-1

You're not providing any information as to what exactly the instability issue is. Post the exact model of G31 board, the VID of your chip (you can find the VID by opening Real Temp to the "Settings" page--> VID), and direct links to the specific DRAM modules. Also fill out this BIOS template for the GA31M-ES2L w/ all of your current settings (just ignore the settings in the template, and replace w/ your own)....

Code:
Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8] 
Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]
CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450] 
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________