• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Water Cooling Build Finished (With Pics!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xlivewire7x

Hey guys, just wanted to drop by and finally post pics of my first ever watercooling build. I would've posted them sooner but I ran into a lot of problems putting it back together and re-overclocking it (thanks again to everybody who helped me with both issues :)) Anyway, enough talking and ON WITH THE PICS!

First here are some pics with the flash off too show off the lighting :) ...
1zp2txf.jpg

2po6tsn.jpg

2gv62vr.jpg

rw1nar.jpg

...And here are some pics with the flash on...
snnhxs.jpg

fthpnq.jpg

v8g8x2.jpg

...And finally a pic of my MCR320 Drive enclosure
tarpeh.jpg

The Green EL wire and AntiKink coil didn't turn out to well in the pictures with flash. The top of the computer is lined wit blue EL wire but the inside is green. The last picture is of the enclosure my bro and I made for my MCR320 drive, basically its just some spare wood spray painted black with honey comb mesh on the front (where the air exits). Anyway, please post your comments because I love feedback.

Too much lights for me, but im not a light kind of guy ... The less i have the better i feel :)

Looks good ! nice build !

That looks amazing...
Only flaw I can see is the (antec big boy?) side fan. Just doesn't look right for some reason. Do you actually need it with all that other stuff? :p

Also I would get a ruler to straighten out those blue strips.

That looks amazing...
Only flaw I can see is the (antec big boy?) side fan. Just doesn't look right for some reason. Do you actually need it with all that other stuff? :p

Also I would get a ruler to straighten out those blue strips.

Nah, its the Thermaltake Armor+ Full Tower and even if the fan may not be necessary, it doesn't hurt :p I may take it out to see how it looks without it but I kind of like it.
Oh, and about the strips, I noticed it as I was taking the pics and I fixed it right away :).

looking great, like the el wire.

this is the first build i've seen with the mcr drive series too!

how did the bleeding go?

and how did you attach the wire to the top trim of the case, i have the same one and don't see how you would do it outside of hot glue?

looking great, like the el wire.

this is the first build i've seen with the mcr drive series too!

how did the bleeding go?

and how did you attach the wire to the top trim of the case, i have the same one and don't see how you would do it outside of hot glue?

Bleeding was a cinch, took less than a minute!

For the EL wire I used clear packing tape and cut it into little strips. It sticks wells and is barely noticeable under full daylight. Completely unnoticeable when its darker.

Very nice buddy, especially for a 1st build. How do you like the mcr drive rad? do you still use a res or no? If it's not too much trouble could you take some pics with the side panel off please?

Very nice buddy, especially for a 1st build. How do you like the mcr drive rad? do you still use a res or no? If it's not too much trouble could you take some pics with the side panel off please?

Thanks! Well, seeing as though I don't have anything to compare it too, I really like it. It was really easy to get setup and didn't have any leaks and such. It was also very clean, no debris or discoloration of the water when I gave it its initial cleaning. I don't use a res, the rad holds enough water and I just check the water level every so often to see if it needs topping off.
No problem at all, here ya go:
s2b85g.jpg

2iw0izk.jpg

Last edited:
Nice build! I was so intrigued I posted it on our facebook and twitter. (see sig for details)
;)

Matt

Nice build! I was so intrigued I posted it on our facebook and twitter. (see sig for details)
;)

Matt

Wow, that's pretty awesome :rock:! Thanks a lot!

and i thought i had to many lights http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg223/jazon1972/my pc/IMG_1437.jpg
i have mine on a switch so they can be shut off (except the fan that displays the temp on the side there) if im watching a movie or something

Yea, I should probably think about doing that too. Right now my "movie watching mode" for my computer is throwing a towel over the window :p I do have switches for the neon wire, which fit nicely inside the top compartment of the case.
Oh, almost forgot to mention this. I know there are plenty of people out there saying "Man, this guy has so many lights, he should have even MORE lights!" so have no fear, there are actually red CCFLs in the top and bottom of the case which are sound activated, and having my sub right next to my case makes them bump to the beat!

Last edited:
I'm thinking about making a new plexiglass side panel for the case, just for the sake of removing the fan. Just curious on who does and who doesn't like the fan.

I'm thinking about making a new plexiglass side panel for the case, just for the sake of removing the fan. Just curious on who does and who doesn't like the fan.
i think it would look much nicer without the fan,mine had a 360mm fan on the side and a screen mesh,it looks tones better without it.here it is before a trip to home depot for some plexi
http://www.abs.com/graphics/images/diablo_modules.jpg

Back