• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noctua N14 vs Corsair H50?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hawk777

Registered
Looking at overclocking a 965 Phenom II X4, and wondered what the best cooler would be? I have heard great things about the N14 and am about to order one just wonderd what the results were on here on a Phenom II X4?

I think it mainly depends on your case configuration. All things being equal, I think noctua wins.

Both are quiet. Both about the same price. Both provide good cooling. the Noctua wins by a tiny bit though on most reviews I have seen.

Cons: Noctua the size is HUGE. May interfere with high ram sinks.

Cons: H50 legth of hoses (can you mount radiator inside case because of size or location and will hoses reach?)

I did a search and havent seen any real numbers on an 965 in an OC state with either, Ill search some other terms. I have only seen some numbers at stock speeds and I dont care about that as it wont be left stock.

Manually looking through the forum might help. Many other forums also have much info. Keep in mind you got an AMD. Not a worry. Both heatsinks perform well on either platform. It's all about wattage and heatload, not 'it's better for AMD than Intel'.

It's been discussed so much here in the last few months. We are just tired of a special thread about the H50. It's a great cooler, it' s good or a bit better than top air coolers with proper fan selection, meaning it's just 'OKAY' stock out of the box.

I'm getting to the point, any H50 posts I'll just ignore anymore.

Do your homework.

You got 22 posts since Jul 2009? Maybe you should spend more time hanging out and reading. Maybe you'd have an answer by ohh December last year??????

We ain't a Best Buy store. GRRRRRR.

Case is an Antec 1200 and my mobo show compatible with the N14 guess Ill seach for some more reviews.

I have 3 system i built that use the H50 and Antec 900 Case that cool at idle at 20 C and load at 38c one is a Phenom 955 and the other is a Intel Q9550 with a Asus PL5Q Pro Motherboard the intel was get temp at 41 Overclock to 3.7 before the H50 after the H50 like 20 at idle and 39 at load but i am in Quebec Canada it cold here also have a Phenom 545 OC 3.5Ghz all air cool 6 fans idle temp 23c load temp 50 and it loud sound like a jet get ready to take off..........H50 are Quite .... http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1043444

Last edited:
Right out of the box, I'd say the Noctua would perform a bit better, but if you used a pair of good fans on the H50, it would probably be a bit better than the Noctua and would take up less room.

It's just...Just, at least 5 major threads that are listed in the last 30 days that give soo many results, comments, reviews, links etc etc.

A bit of homework can give an answer much faster than waiting for a reply...

Part of the now culture I guess.

Back