• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling setup recommendation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wmalinowski

I am currently building a new watercooling system. I have currently following things in mind (I won’t be buying to until end of March):

Danger Den Water Box plus Case
Black Ice 240 GTX w/ 2 NoiseBlocker NB-Multi-frame M12-P (78.4 CFM top speed)
Watercool HeatKiller 3.0 or Apogee-XT for AMD AM3 CPU
MCP355 pump (this will use 3/8” tubing)
Danger Den Summit for ATI 5850
Tygon 3603 tubing (3/8”) about 10 feet
Delrin Fillport and Delrin Tee (since the case already have fillport hole)
Plastic clamps and Distill water w/ PT nuke

This new system will be following (which will bought in mid April):
AMD Phenom II X4 945
ASUS M4A77TD
8 GB of DDR3 (Probably 4 x 2GB)
ATI 5850 (I will not be crossfire it)
2 Hard drives (640 GB each) and possible SSD for operation system (64-bit Windows 7)

I do plan to some mild overclocking on CPU (which I didn’t get black edition CPU) and might do on GPU (again it will be mild).

Couple question

1)I have reading about XSPC Premium Laing DDC Clear Acrylic Top. Would recommend that for is this setup?

2)Any other recommends on this setup?

Thanks for any help...

Solid, good research. Kinda short on radiator space. I could spout heatload requirements and link charts. Best if you just went to a 120x3, or two 120x2 rads, you will xfire someday, hehe.

The BI GTX needs high speed fans. Your rad choice (being smaller than optimal) and the fans not great for your choice of rad. You'll need some 100+ CFM fans for that rad under load. Look at the XSPC RX rad, Thermochill PA, Black Ice SR1. Your ears will thank you.

Mora rad, better LOW FPI rad, and quieter fans.

So you think I should something like Danger Den Tower 21 and 120 x 3 radiator(like Swiftech MCR320) or should I get Thermochill?

As Xfire - no way...I tried once.....not worth effort. Kinda screwed my current motherboard(coretemp can't report CPU temp, can't overclock 3.2 without reboots).:bang head

You don't need two 120x3 for your planned heatload. A 120x3 would be enough. I mentioned the 120x2 times two because they fit nicely on the DD Torture rack, I think it was that.

I mentioned better rads for a better noise solution. The MCR rads are the best for the cost, a 90% solution to the ones I mentioned. They would be fine for you. At about 1/2 the cost. Still, there are better rads for good cooling and low noise, I mentioned them in my prev post.

buy 2 swiftech mcr 320 instead of 1 thermochill :)

:)

lets start a new style of water cooling where the rads are only swiftech triples and to many are used :)

build looks good though minus the small rad, would opt for at least a triple.

lol im going to bought a second Swifty triple since they were a god damn good deals on the classifield 40$ with 3 Highspeed Yates :)
Gonna be with 2 Mcr 320 :) without modding my case. except for cuting some hole... which is cake (easy)with wood :0

Forget both of them - HC's FTW ...! :D
Since I bought one, I'm not going to knock them. If i could come up with a better exterior mount I'd have used another HC instead of the mcr320 I just bought. (it's a cpu only loop)

I use six Swiftech triples and my temps are 30C below ambient. :rock:

:eek: I trying to built my first watercooling system with on one rad, and you have one that has six rads:bang head. I believe I will select Feser X-Change Triple 360 with Danger Den Tower 21. Should be enought......shouldn't be? :confused:

:eek: I trying to built my first watercooling system with on one rad, and you have one that has six rads:bang head. I believe I will select Feser X-Change Triple 360 with Danger Den Tower 21. Should be enought......shouldn't be? :confused:
You're new, so I can't tell...are you joking?

Edit: Yeah, that should be plenty. :) But, like some other people have mentioned, you can save yourself some cash and take a negligible performance hit by switching to the Swiftech MCR320.

Last edited:

Your just fine, that rad has good temp charecteristics with meduim fans than can be fan controlled to even less noise when not gaming etc.

Spawn is addicted to overrading, a fun part of the hobby. He's got them on the wall like wallpaper.

It can handle the heatload.
Science proves it so: Bookmark these please.

http://martin.skinneelabs.com/
http://www.skinneelabs.com/

Yes they are diff, so keep both.

http://www.hardware.fr/articles/781-6/dossier-vraie-consommation-73-cartes-graphiques.html You can goggle translate this.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/253958-29-watercooling-guide

http://www.overclockerstech.com/water-cooling-guide-for-beginners/

Back