• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TR3X6G1600C8D ram gigabyte x58 ud5 system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Master2k5

hi i am running Corsair 6GB 3 x 2GB 1600MHz Dominator
my system is not over clocked and when i turn on xmp profile 1 to get the ram up to 1600 mhz system wont boot. tried to do it manually and the same thing happens.

The highest i can get my ram at stable is 1400mhz do i need to RMA the ram or iam doing something wrong

Thanks in advance.

yes this is what i have tried also even at 1.66v and also setting the timings manually myself at 8-8-8-24-2 still no joy system boots in to win7 64 then crashes and restarts only time system is stable is at 1400Mhz any other ideas mate thanks for the replay

i have thought about increasing the volts to this amount but worried it will damage the ram are you sure the voltage is safe

DRAM voltage at 1.68 - 1.70V is fine as long as you keep no more than a .5V differential between QPI/Uncore/VTT voltage and DRAM voltage. So if you increase the DRAM voltage to 1.70V, make sure to bump the QPI voltage to at least 1.20V. I would start w/ QPI voltage at 1.35V, then work my way down to a lower setting. And if it POSTs at 1600MHz, make sure to run Memtest86+ before to attempting to boot into Windows.

Last edited:
Back