• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 stick of 2gb or 2 sticks of 1gb????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acuradude

hey everyone i was wondering which would be better 1 stick of ddr3 2gb or two sticks of ddr3 1gb assuming both have same cas, timings and everything? :confused:

i plan on getting more later but for right now i have to have at least 2gb i would like to upgrade to 8gb next month you dont happen to want to sell yours do you?lol

oh really theres a classifieds section i didnt know thats great thanks.

well that sucks i need 100 posts and i only have 53 lol well maybe one day but thank you!

Last edited:
yeah im getting the new 890gx i cant make up my mind between asus and gigabyte

if you're upgrading to 8gb next month why not just wait TILL next month?
it can't hurt to wait a little longer...can it? :santa:

save that money for when to purchase a cpu heatsink or osmething. (can't see one in your sig) ;)

my stock one does a good job and if i do overclock it, it wont be much i just want to play some games and surf the net and i need it to last a long time. and right now for a couple of months now i have been useing my old p4 with 256mb ram. i want to be able to play my games that i havent been able to for months now, thats why the rush it has taken this long to save up to get a decent motherboard and some ram.

Back