• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drive day flow indicator with alarm??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you want to pimp your pc at slight performance cost then get to it :)

truth is you dont need any of that "accessory" type stuff.

your saviour in said senario is the thermal shutdown on the cpu`s threshold. (Ive boo booed and its figured out im an idiot without the cost of hardware :D)

when you start WC`ing at first you assume these things are a winner because they exist but it aint so.

I`ll have a look at your build link why im lurkin :)

Edit: I like your build... flooded with emergency sci-fi lighting. Its on water in the uk why not abuse more heat from half a dozen flurecent tubes :salute:

^lol. I have only two CCFL's in my HAF932. Very good point about the CPU's thermal shutdown, I'm just a sucker for "keeping an eye" on things.

attachment.jpg
6 tubes uk style :p #Laughs#

we could meet up on a motorway stop off and remake some scenes from star wars?

:shrug: time ways heavy :rolleyes:

I just spent my day cutting a sheet of clearflex for my side panel, levetating fan :thup:
need a design to sweep round the clear sheet in stencil form but no idea what so far?

Edit: say cocktail glasses and an andy warhole stencil of erasure `n theres a brawl brewin #Laughs#

im easy mine`s 2 3rds longer than yours (captain six tubes :thup:)

didnt vote jedi for religion over here did you?.... dont want to mess with no legal jedi... still makes me chuckle.

anyhow back to waterville...

No i didnt, lol.

Mmm, was maybe a bad idea then. I will just trust the CPU's thermal protection system.

Suppose I just still have nightmares about the AMD socket A CPU's, and there so-called "CPU thermal protection".

well it restricts the flow and generally points out something your gonna know about seconds later anyhow.

chances are if you go for a safe shutdown windows would decide to grind the discs for an extra five minutes anyhow #Laughs#

leaks and pumps running dry, they make a detector for that and im in, flashes `n smokes a rubbish warning system :-/

with water its no rushing or bodging it and keep up the schedule for refills etc.

Well i'm new to water cooling and thats just made me think. I there a way to tell when I need to do a coolant change/system flush etc? Or will once a year be ok?

change out the water at six month and inspect with cleaning in mind once a year and your rockin in the free world.

you can leave it too long and the water become some kind of platersizer/ion soup. but you keep to within a month or two of that plan and all is good.

Edit: the biggest pains are dust cakes in your rads and the dreaded gpu full cover block cleaning gamble... gives me the fear, I wouldnt win the operation game :-/ still carnt need all thoes surface mounts? #Laughs#

Well i'm new to water cooling and thats just made me think. I there a way to tell when I need to do a coolant change/system flush etc? Or will once a year be ok?

ideally a water change and light inspection every 6 months and full break down every year.

if things are still clear and looking good in your loop you could stretch it to yearly water change.

Why not use the 'Overheat Protection' option in Core Temp? You can specify a temperature way under the thermal shutdown threshold for peace of mind.

Why not use the 'Overheat Protection' option in Core Temp? You can specify a temperature way under the thermal shutdown threshold for peace of mind.

I will just set the shutdown temp in the BIOS, should be more reliable than using software.

intresting option I didnt know about elfie :)

maybe I should switch over from the hangin reboot technology :D

Edit: as long as theres something in contact with the spreader and its not death or glory core voltage, im fairly sure your fun will just stop... no destruction.

Just thinking, So I inspect my loop after 6 month. What do I look for to indicate that a coolant change etc is due?

Back