• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

res water level up and down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boucher91

i see that the water level rises and drops when pump is off or on, also when adjusting spped of the pump...\
My question is should the res be full when the pc is off?
if i fill it full when the pump is turned off the res will seep water out the top port...
tia

it doesn't have to be full, just near full.

if you want it full, then yes fill it with the power off then cap it and run it.

Mmm, strange, mine doesn't change. Maybe an air leak / air bubbles in the system?

your res is likely larger then the OP's. (though i'm not sure what he has)

as well your pump isn't as strong as the OP's do your not likely to notice if it even drops.

WOW! Thats some pump.

So I guess that t-line goes direct to the micro res?

no t line, before i had a res i used a T line instead for filling. so it's an example to show that the smaller the area that the water is in the more it will move.

and yes, it's a great pump as well as the mcp355 which does 454LHP and 6.1m or 20 feet of head. with an after market top performance increases.

I now see :) I suppose with my res being so big It would be hard for me to notice.

I still dont fully understand about head pressure :(

EDIT: I really wasn't expecting a microres and pump outside of the case! Will the bigger the loop mean a bigger drop in res level?

Also, if the suction and return lines in the res are both below the water level, there will be almost no movement to speak of in a properly bled down loop.

And jmdixon85, I have your avatar up in my attic, along with the Amiga monitor too. I guess I retired it around 1994, after my daughter fed it some milk and killed the expansion interface.:rolleyes:

head pressure is how many feet it can pump straight up with no restrictions in the loop.

they more you have the better it is for high restriction loops. so i would par a koolance 350 cpu block with a 355 over a 655 (noise aside)

^ahh, so it's that simple? So do you think my pump is good for a CPU + dual GPU loop? even with a high retrictive CPU block?

you already have it so it's worth a shot, but i personally don't like any of the pump res combo's XSPC offers. their res tops for the MCP355 are excellent products though and in the top for performance.

Back