• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help cant make my ram stay on 1066

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hylle

Hey

When I'm trying to overclock my CPU just 10 % maybe, my RAM clocks goes down.

It's 1066 Mhz with EPP no overclock.

Yet when I overclock my FSB the RAM has a tendency to down in Mhz say 667 or 800 mhz. Which I believe is why I'm getting worse benchmarks AFTER overclocking!

So how can I keep my RAM clock on 1066 mhz, while increasing my Mhz on my CPU?

ocz.png

According to the middle CPU-Z pic., your RAM is currently running at DDR3-1066 and EPP timings of 5-5-5-15-2T; 3:8 FSB : DRAM ratio w/ the FSB at 200MHz. As you increase the FSB past the default of 200MHz, the DRAM frequency will also increase at the current 3:8 ratio. In order to lower the DRAM frequency as you raise the FSB, you'll need to change the Memory Clock to a different multiplier which allows for a lower effective frequency. For example w/ the FSB at 220MHz using the X4.00 multiplier, the RAM would be running at 880MHz instead of 1172MHz if using the X5.33 multiplier.

Last edited:
According to the middle CPU-Z pic., your RAM is currently running at DDR3-1066 and EPP timings of 5-5-5-15-2T; 3:8 FSB : DRAM ratio w/ the FSB at 200MHz. As you increase the FSB past the default of 200MHz, the DRAM frequency will also increase at the current 3:8 ratio. In order to lower the DRAM frequency as you raise the FSB, you'll need to change the Memory Clock to a different multiplier which allows for a lower effective frequency. For example w/ the FSB at 220MHz using the X4.00 multiplier, the RAM would be running at 880MHz instead of 1172MHz if using the X5.33 multiplier.

I think my whole problem is that when my frequency gets lower than 1066 mhz I start getting worse benchmarks than before overclocking when they were 1066 mhz.
I THINK, can't think of anything else which goes down when I overclock!

So I want to keep it at 1066 where the computer gets good benchmark instead of lowering it or making it too high for the RAM to handle...

Hmm I'm not quite with you here yet. Do you have any links to a guide? I've tried reading everything for noobs like me but I'm slow :confused:

EDIT:

Strangely enough I start getting bad benchmarks now... hmm Even with my standard clocked rig.. I'll try fiddling with that multiplier.

Last edited:
Back