• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching @ OC Forums

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sno.lcn

Senior2 Member
This is from the forum thread (of the same title as this) that got me started benching.

Hi guys & gals,

As many of you may know we have a benchmarking Team here, recently there have been some changes I'd like to make everyone aware of. hwbot is now running all of our Team rankings. What is hwbot? Basically it is an automated updating DB of results based on Team member submissions. This database stores Team rankings as well as individual rankings. The Team rankings are a reflection of OC Forums status among other overclocking forums in the community. Being that we are an overclocking community here I'd like to invite everyone to join in on the fun. Benchmarking is of course a natural extension of overclocking so this sould be pretty easy for everyone to do.

How involved you get is of course up to you, anything from running a simple Super PI 32M test, a good test of system stability, to any of the 3D Mark tests which can give a more complete view of system performance. Yes the 3D tests are synthetic and I know many have doubts about their use, however comparing your system to others on FutureMarks ORB (Online Result Browser) is none the less a useful method of measuring your systems performance.

So again I would like to extend the invitation to each of you, we would really enjoy seeing new members on our Team. If you would like more information about hwbot you can visit the hwbot site here.

As one of the new team leaders, I'd like to invite any and all forum members to post some benchmark scores to our team.

The benching team section here may not seem very active. This is because most of the activity goes on inside the private lounge section. In the lounge you'll learn all kinds of tips and tricks not only for getting the most MHz out of your system, but also tweaking you system to get better benchmark performance without increasing any clock speeds. In addition to learning all you've ever wanted to know, you'll be part of a close-knit team of world class overclockers.

PM me, post in this thread, or make a new thread in the public benching section if you have any questions or want any more information.

:rock:

You'll have a hard time finding a better group of folks to hangout with, share your experiences, trials, tribulations, successes, as well as learn together and grow.

I've made life long friendships with several people from the OCF Team.... I will never forget my time at OCF on the Benching Team!!!

Go Hardcore or go Home....GO OCF!!!

Glad you guys finally got around to starting a thread in here. This deserves some glue, so that it's up with the rest of the team groups.

I just hope I haven't jinxed the thread with the Sticky being applied. ;)

Back