• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cannot run rams on 2000mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

katalizor

Hello Everyone

Just as you can see below, my RAMs is working on 1600mhz for now and When I have pushed them 2000MHz(of course by changing BCLK), PC just hangs on a black screen at the BIOS boot so I understand they require a bit more voltage. Ant these are also my stable settings:

Ai Overclock Tuner - Manual
CPU Ratio Setting - 19
Intel (R) SpeedStep (TM) Tech - Disabled
Intel (R) Turbo Mode Tech - Disabled
BCLK Frequency - 211
PCIE Fequency - 100
DRAM Frequency - DDR3 - 1688MHz

DRAM CAS# Latency - 9 DRAM Clock
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay - 9 DRAM Clock
DRAM RAS# PRE Time - 9 DRAM Clock
DRAM RAS# ACT Time - 24 DRAM Clock

(2nd Formation: 2T)

CPU Voltage 1.300v
CPU PLL Voltage - Auto
QPI/DRAM Core Voltage - 1.3250v
IOH Voltage - 1.10v
IOH PCIE Voltage - Auto
ICH Voltage - Auto
ICH Voltage - Auto

DRAM Bus Voltage - 1.64v
DRAM DATA REF Voltage on CHA - Auto
DRAM CTRL REF Voltage on CHA - Auto
DRAM DATA REF Voltage on CHB - Auto
DRAM CTRL REF Voltage on CHB - Auto
DRAM DATA REF Voltage on CHC - Auto
DRAM CTRL REF Voltage on CHC - Auto

Load-Line Calibration - Enabled
CPU Differential Amplitude - Auto
CPU Clock Skew - Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum - Auto
IOH Clock Skew - Auto
PCIE Spread Spectrum - Auto
Additionally I tried to give 200BCLK 1.5v qpi/dram voltage, even 1.8v dram bus voltage and 1.3v IOH voltage but I could not run 2000MHz. And XMP profile does not work.

My mainboard is a cheaper version(Asus P6TSE). I have been told It can be problem and I have also read a bit article about 2000MHz rams and It was telling 2000MHz rams are not really 2000MHz and so on so on.

Main and final question: Is there anything that I can try BIOS setting or any more thing?

Please Just help me to run them on 2000MHz.

Thanks a heap in advance.

Respects

My system:

ASUS P6T SE X58 Socket
Intel Core i7 920 d0
Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme Rev C
TEAM Xtreem LV (3*2) 6GB 2000mhz 9-9-9-24-2T
Sapphire HD5870 GDDR5 1GB 256Bit
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA-II 32MB NCQ
Thermaltake Toughpower 750W

I would try a BCLK of 200, Multi 20 to get the rated speed of 2000MHz, increase the QPI voltage to 1.6. IOH voltage and CPU PLL will probably need to be increased also. If I've selected the correct memory on the Team website then it's specification says it needs 1.9V! which isn't exactly a 'friendly' voltage for socket 1366.

Following the rule that the QPI voltage should be within 0.5V of the DRAM voltage then the QPI would need to be at least 1.4V.

I would try a BCLK of 200, Multi 20 to get the rated speed of 2000MHz, increase the QPI voltage to 1.6. IOH voltage and CPU PLL will probably need to be increased also. If I've selected the correct memory on the Team website then it's specification says it needs 1.9V! which isn't exactly a 'friendly' voltage for socket 1366.

Following the rule that the QPI voltage should be within 0.5V of the DRAM voltage then the QPI would need to be at least 1.4V.

wow, 1.6v qpi and 1.9v dram bus will just kill my chip, I guess. in long use, such a big voltage can damage?

I cannot take that risk.
The only way is buying another good ram kit which requires less voltage and less mhz but better timing, right?

Give these settings a try for 4.0GHz and DDR3-2000...

Code:
Ai Overclock Tuner - Manual
CPU Ratio Setting - 16
Intel SpeedStep Tech - Disabled
BCLK Frequency - 200
DRAM Frequency - DDR3-2000
UCLK Frequency - 4000MHz
QPI Link Data Rate - AUTO

DRAM Timing Control
CAS Latency - 9
tRCD - 9
tRP - 9