• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good is this water cooling kit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thats about the best "kit" you can buy. Really, its not a kit. Thats about exactly what I bought in parts for my first setup. D5 (655) pump, Microres (swiftech), MCR-220, GTZ block (XT is newer, better).

You can build better, but only with higher quality components/larger radiator. That kit will cool an i7 pretty well for nice overclocks. I had my i7 the above specs and ran 4.2ghz daily.

it depends on what you want to cool.

what do you want to cool, whats your budget, do you want internal or external, performance silence or both?

I have a CM690 case...

I currently have a Q6600, but want upgradeability in the future if I move into the new AMD X6's. Don't mind too much about noise...but that's a small feature as I can pick and adjust fans pretty easy. Internal if possible, but I am okay mounting the radiator on the rear I guess?

I've never done water cooling, so would this be a good "noob" kit with enough reading?

I would have to say with current 220 rad, it would be a tad better by a few degrees with less noise. However, get a 320 rad and yes, it will beat the TRUE.

Does the Apogee XT support LGA 775...I see on newegg it only shows the i3/5/7 sockets

Is the MCP655 pump good enough or are there better ones?

As for the XT, I also only see mounting for 1156/1366 as well. You might want to contact Swiftech to see if they offer the 775 mounting kit for the XT.

I run a MCR220, MCP350 and micro res "externally". Apogee GT is used on my AMD X2 6000+ and a Koolance VID-428 on my GTX260. It runs just fine and temps stay easily in check only running three 80mm fans on the radiator.

swiftech has the mounting for almost everything...the xt is sold with different mounting kits....depends on which one you choose....me i had to order the mount kit for am3 because intel was all that was available from where i got mine...

Back