• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooled Haf 932 Suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmiller0526

Registered
Hey Guys,

I am a total wc noob, but i have spent a bit of time researching it and i think its the way i am wanting to go. Right now i am running an i7 off a Corsair H50 in an antec 1200 and its just to hot for my tastes (idles @50 load @ 75-80) and while it seems i could drop a few C's by moving to a tuniq or a true i think i want a quieter, more effective solution like WC.

I like my 1200 case but tomorrow i will be getting a HAF 932 in the mail. so the set up will be going into that. I am concerned about temps, noise, price and installation (looks and ease). I really want to have a OEM look to it, and am not wanted anything mounted on the ext, or bright cathodes or anything like that.

In addition to the CPU i have 2 8800 gts i would like to cool as well because stock they run pretty hot.

Unless you guys suggest otherwise i think the only "for sure" thing i have in mind is a 120.3 rad mounted up top. I like the idea of a bay res, as long as its not obscene looking. And budget wise i think 200-250 is probably my max right now. I know people are going to say i need more money, but times are tough:bang head

so i need suggestions on parts from you guys and setup advice, because i go to a site like frozenCPU and see far to many options that i dont know enough about to make an informed decision.

Thanks for your help guys!

you won't have enough money with 250$ with a cpu loop + 2gpu . Sry :)
U might go for a CPU loop only and buy 2 high end air cooler for the 8800GT.
Spawn inc or someonelse might link some stickies if u didint read them now.
120.3 will be enough for an O.C i7 @ 4ghz
XT/Heatkiller or supreme lt i think? not sure... they are a new block that is better than XT.
Mcp355 + Ek res pump/top or microres pump/top for cheapest way. or a dual bays res for 2mcp 350/355 and a possible dual lopp in a near future

well i appreciate the help grosjambon. If 250 really wont cut it, i am fine running stock fans on my 8800s till i get more money for gpu blocks but i just wanna make sure whatever i get could handle the gpus down the road.

as Grosjambon said 250 will only get you a cpu loop.

to handle 2x 8800's + and i7 i would want no less then 4x 120mm worth of raddage.

stick with a triple for now since your fine with that size and you can add some later on.

here are the guides you should read before you buy anything, they should help a good deal.

http://overclockerstech.com/index.p...s&catid=40:overclocking-and-cooling&Itemid=88

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/253958-29-watercooling-guide

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631501 - though i personally take my blocks apart to inspect for anything.

If you buy second hand, you might be able to hit your budget at 250$. The 8800's do not require much and I would recommend 2 of these instead, Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev. 2 Should be pretty cheap used.

well i read all the guides you linked to, and it looks like its pretty conclusive, a 120.3 will NOT cool my cpu and gpus. That throws a wrench in the gears but i still want to do it so ill just have to do CPU only on my first go around and scrounge together the cash for the GPU's down the road. Is a 120.3 overkill tho for CPU only?

and with the HAF932, it makes all internal watercooling a total breeze.
i currently have two MCR 320's inside my HAF, and could probably fit another double rad in there with no modification if i really wanted too.

Back