• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair h50 955BE overclock to the max

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlackEdition

so i am off to lowe's to get the screws to mount my second fan onto my corsair h50. i am going to be using two delta 113cfm fans in push pull to see what kind of overclock i can get out of my 955BE.

stay tuned and please offer suggestions to help me get the highest stable 24/7 overclock i can!

update when i am finished mounting the push pull...

Dont think youll be disappointed. Im using 2 deltas (122cfm) @ 5v in push/pull and it keeps my i5 @ 4ghz nice and cool (never above 60c in daily gaming/tasks/p95, LINX will bring it up to about 66c).

yeah i am looking forward to it... i got the screws to mount the second fan but haven't had a chance to install them yet. i am going to install the fans and a new rheobus extreme fan controller in tomorrow night and start the oc fun!

i am hoping i can get my 955 be to 4.0ghz stable for 24/7 operation...

I am running the 955 be on h50 with two fans on push pull best i have been able to do is 3.811, however i ordered 2 200cfm 120mm fans i think im going to rig up 3 fans to the h50, cause it barely gets to 50C at 3.811C at full load using prime 95, normal load temp is between 42-45, Idle temp is like 29-35.

When i put it at 3.9 tho it will get to 65C at full load and i stop it becuase its still climbing, i think some of that can be attributed to my case but i dont know well see how the new fans do

work got a little crazy this week, so i am going to have to wait until the weekend to install the fan controller and the two deltas.

i will try to document the process with pics as well.

i want to run both of the deltas on the fan controller, and was wondering if there would be any weirdness with the motherboard as there won't be a fan plugged in to the cpu fan header on the motherboard?

LOL, your fan controller will go up in smoke. You need to look at a custom fan controller built by someone or buy the parts yourself.

The amps are like crazy, no buyable fan controller can control that I know of. Run them at full I guess.

The mobo will need CPU fan monitor turned off, normal setup for external fan control.

You can also attribute high temps to the teeny rad and you trying to beat physics. Ain't gonna happen.

i know that i am not going to get the type of overclock that i would get with a custom loop. i just want to push the h50 as far as it will go. i just want to get a little better than high end air. i am hoping for about 4ghz...

i was told that the two deltas should be fine on the rheobus extreme... why do you say they will fry the controller?

waw , cpu set 3,6 ghz , nb 2,4 ghz , ht 2,4 ghz , ram set 1333 mhz ... normal temperature with H50 is 38 full load 47 ... i think this configuration is the best and most stable on my sistem i tried to reach 4ghz ... but in prime 95 after 1 sec my pc is down ....

Back