• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stupid question or.... I dunno

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

J-honson

:confused:

How can i distill my own water. Using one of those purifiers? or should i boil water and collect the condensation. Or is there something im missing here.....

god im gonna feel dumb after this question is answered, i can feel it coming

Are you in a location where you can't get distilled? I went to my local grocery store and got a gallon for less than $1. You could also look into deionized as well. Deionized is close to distilled, but distilled also has the extra minerals removed as well.

Barring finding distilled at the grocery store or the auto parts store, I have distilled water at home before quite easily.
I have a 4 gallon pressure cooker pot that has a removable weight on the lid.
On that weight post I crimped the end of a copper coil I'd made of 1/2" copper tubing carefully bent to a coil around a piece of 4" PVC pipe.
I set a two gallon jug on the floor to collect the distillate, and used a small house fan to cool the coil, otherwise too much steam is lost into the air. Make sure the fan isn't blowing on the stove top or the pot, that will slow down the process.

Are you in a location where you can't get distilled? I went to my local grocery store and got a gallon for less than $1. You could also look into deionized as well. Deionized is close to distilled, but distilled also has the extra minerals removed as well.

ahh great i see walmart has some, didnt realize u could just buy distilled water

Back