• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Was to make a loop more accessible

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neuromancer

Looking at ways to make water more functional.

I have GPU waterblocks to try and I would like to keep my i7 under water when I wont be dicing it. Chipset will always be under water, and GPUs are going to be subbed in and out water or DIce/LN2

So 3 possibilities I see.

Quick connect fittings. Only ones I found are $20 bucks a pop, and I would need two of them just for the GPU section. Would still need an adapter to connect them together when no gpu blocks are running.

Inline valves before and after GPUs. Can just throw a short piece of hose on to complete the circuit and open valves back up and add some distilled to the res.

Build a larger reservoir. Up high it fills the loop... down low it drains it.

Thoughts?

Who did a test? Oh Skinnee. Some of the wide instant off quick couplings did very well in tests. You might look into it. No leaks either.

http://skinneelabs.com/qdc.html

If you were to reverse the GPU fittings, male/female, you could unplug the GPUs and just connect the male female together bypassing the GPUs.

Can be done, yea they ain't cheap, but you can do it!

Oh that was a little confusing.

Saw the paper towel comment and thought they leaked LOL

Yeah I expected some leakage... well from that looks like $20 might be doable... If I can still find them at that price...

(especially that reversing M/F connections... hah hah dunno why I did not think of that :) )

Prolly much smarter than my reservoir trick

Thanks for the input

Back